What's new

Can't transfer videos to xp

ISean

Reaction score
I am unable to transfer videos thru the camera and scanner wizard. Apple was no help. They said the camera and scanner wizard does nit work for large files. How can I get these videos onto my pc and off my iPhone??

Thanks
Sean

After connecting your phone to yoir computer, open "My computer" folder, in there you will see your phone listed there. Double click your iphone icon, you will find your photos and videos there, copy them to your desktop, once copying is finish, go back to you camera roll in your phone photo album and manually delete those videos from your phone.

Thanks Babbitt it hangs up on the videos and then I get a can't transfer error. They are about 6 minutes long. When I called apple they said it was a windows xp transfer issue and I would need to use an aftermarket transfer program to do this. Then they said we can't suggest a program. So my iPhone can take videos but not transfer them??? Thanks apple.

My windows 7 also does that when the video size is huge and the computer is busy doing something else in the background by the time it's transfering. What i use to do now since is to fresh restart the computer, exit all software which load at startup (on windows7 i can see them in the system tray) and then plug in my phone and copy, while copying videos or pictures from my iPhone to my computer i make sure that there is nothing else running on the computer and i also leave the computer alone until copying is finish.
You can try it by restarting your computer first and try to copy again your photos. If that doesn't work out for your, then look up for PhotoAid sorftware by googling.

I stand corrected. It was still trying to use the camera wizard. Once I stopped allowing that, the transfer worked great. Thanks!!

I stand corrected. It was still trying to use the camera wizard. Once I stopped allowing that, the transfer worked great. Thanks!!

Good. You will notice that the videos are still in your phone, you should delete them manually if you don't need them to be there.

I did that also once I made sure they were on my pc. It was about 4gb worth.

For those that read this thread at a later time, sometimes I had to refresh to see the pics and videos after clicking on the my iPhone icon.
Also, the videos are the ones with no file type listed.

Thanks again.

I did that also once I made sure they were on my pc. It was about 4gb worth.

For those that read this thread at a later time, sometimes I had to refresh to see the pics and videos after clicking on the my iPhone icon.
Also, the videos are the ones with no file type listed.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the info. I haven't run into no file type for videos, but i will keep this in mind to not panic if i should be dealing with this kind of issues in the future.