What's new

Transfer Video to Iphone4?

CaSPeR1

Reaction score
How do I transfer video to the Iphone4?

How do I find these files in the local sd card and play them?

What video player does it play it with?

Does it play .avi format?

I was on android, simply drag and drop files anywhere on the phone since the computer detects it as an external usb drive, the stock video player detects video files and play it, if not then there are many other video players to download and play other formats, also I could use file explorer to find the copied file and play it directly.

Since I have switched to Iphone its not that simple, on the mac there is no target drive, my usb shows up so does my android phone but not the iphone.

So yeah Im confused and need help to transfer my video files to the iphone and play them.

well you simply use itunes... though it does not play .avi it does play .mp4, though you can download vlc player or a xvid player from the app store and play the .avi and load it in itunes onto the xvid app.

well you simply use itunes... though it does not play .avi it does play .mp4, though you can download vlc player or a xvid player from the app store and play the .avi and load it in itunes onto the xvid app.

Well I have downloaded itunes but never used it, how do i add my own content to itunes and how to transfer that to iphone. I have mac and when i connect any other phone it shows up as a external usb storage device, the iphone does not and simply loads itunes.

all you do is in itunes load the .mp4 into the movie library and then in the iphone tab sync the movies

all you do is in itunes load the .mp4 into the movie library and then in the iphone tab sync the movies

Thats the issue all my files are in .avi is it possible to load .avi into itunes then move it to the iphone?

CaSPeR1 said:
How do I transfer video to the Iphone4?

How do I find these files in the local sd card and play them?

What video player does it play it with?

Does it play .avi format?

I was on android, simply drag and drop files anywhere on the phone since the computer detects it as an external usb drive, the stock video player detects video files and play it, if not then there are many other video players to download and play other formats, also I could use file explorer to find the copied file and play it directly.

Since I have switched to Iphone its not that simple, on the mac there is no target drive, my usb shows up so does my android phone but not the iphone.

So yeah Im confused and need help to transfer my video files to the iphone and play them.

I have looked at this in depth and have tried the above named apps, but have found one that I find works very well!

It's called Video Stream, you install a small program on your pc, download the app, add your device using the installed program, locate your media/video folders and click sync.

Once you have your movies in view, simply hold and wait for the "convert" popup to appear on your selected movie, follow the steps, done!

Adds all videos to your iPod video library, it's a very simple app to use, I recommend you try it.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Attachments

• $image-661621879.jpg
    $image-661621879.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 116

Thats the issue all my files are in .avi is it possible to load .avi into itunes then move it to the iphone?

only if you download an app like vlc player from the app store or CineXplayer they both support .avi and will allow you to load the .avi in itunes onto the app