What's new

iOS 5.1 Released

Here's my battery and I've not used it all day. So I'd say no different to 5.0.1

This morning
027d2b39-e432-f82a.jpg

And now
027d2b39-e44d-c005.jpg

iHolophyte

I just looked at my iPhone 4S with iOS 5.1 official on it. Battery stats are:

92% remaining.
Usage: 54 minutes.
Standby: 3 Hours, 55 Minutes.

So your experience is a tad different than mine.

Did you do the update from the phone or iTunes?

photo-1.png

Proof if you needed it lol

You have given me no reason to not trust your stats :)

And I had to update thru iTunes because I was on iOS 5.1 Beta 3.

Yakuzagang5 said:

I see one problem right away, you left Bluetooth on.

Go through the setting and turn off what you don't need.

You have given me no reason to not trust your stats :)

And I had to update thru iTunes because I was on iOS 5.1 Beta 3.

Alright, well I might just do a fresh restore through iTunes then, then have tomorrow be my full drain day and test it Saturday.

First of all my batt. Is doing way better now!
Thank god But One thing i'm not to happy about!

I cant change my lockscreen anymore damn!
Watch What i mean!!

Sent from my iPhone 4s white 32gb

Attachments

• $image-2513507497.jpg
    $image-2513507497.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 418
  • $image-3965274530.jpg
    $image-3965274530.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 434
I have a iPhone 4 and iOS 5.0.1 jailbrokem and baseband 04.11.08 (the one that can't be unlocked until know).

So I wonder if I upgrade to ios 5.1 I wil be unable to jailbreak soon and it will delay the possibility of unlocking my iPhone right????

Please help me out before I screw up with iTunes.
Thanks

 Sent from my White 32 Gb iPhone 4 using TapaTalk 

I see one problem right away, you left Bluetooth on.

Go through the setting and turn off what you don't need.

That has absolutely nothing to do with it. I left Bluetooth on before I updated, got about 6 hours. After the update, Im gonna get a max of 4. I left bluetooth on 24/7 on my old 4 I had, got 10 hours average. BT is not the culprit of degrading the battery by 33%

We're gonna hear the same discrepancies about battery life in 5.1 as we heard in 5.0.1. Even after a full discharge. Firmware updates rarely fix battery issues unless there really was a problem with the Location Services System bug that was always looking for towers. They would've been able to fix that in an update.

In the final analysis in my experience, it's about people's usage pattern/style and proximity to towers, etc., etc. there are so many variables that affect battery life.

We're gonna hear the same discrepancies about battery life in 5.1 as we heard in 5.0.1. Even after a full discharge. Firmware updates rarely fix battery issues unless there really was a problem with the Location Services System bug that was always looking for towers. They would've been able to fix that in an update.

In the final analysis in my experience, it's about people's usage pattern/style and proximity to towers, etc., etc. there are so many variables that affect battery life.

Agreed.

iHolophyte

Except that nothing has changed in what I've done today than what I've done since I got the phone. Which would point to the only thing that makes sense as being the software.

EDIT: To clarify, I took the same route to work, and used it the same way I have been. The only thing different this time is now the phone is on 5.1 instead of 5.0.1

Except that nothing has changed in what I've done today than what I've done since I got the phone. Which would point to the only thing that makes sense as being the software.

Lets see how good I am at predicting for fun.

You updated while the battery was not at 100%. Odds are you did it OTA. And further you did it while not on a charger.

How close did I get?

Lets see how good I am at predicting for fun.

You updated while the battery was not at 100%. Odds are you did it OTA. And further you did it while not on a charger.

How close did I get?

Well 1 for 3, but since I stated earlier I did it OTA, that one doesn't count lol I did it at about 11 or so last night, and it goes on the charger around 9. I can't say 100% it was at 100% battery, but I am about 99.99% positive, as it charges about 1% a minute

Well 1 for 3, but since I stated earlier I did it OTA, that one doesn't count lol I did it at about 11 or so last night, and it goes on the charger around 9. I can't say 100% it was at 100% battery, but I am about 99.99% positive, as it charges about 1% a minute

I follow too many threads to remember you stated OTA, my apologies.

Your condition then is actually close to optimal if you were on the charger and above 98%.

This is very odd. Now I am rather perplexed. Would you be so kind and try something that could be considered a scientific test?

Do not reboot, do a full charge and then double tap the home button and hold down an app in the task bar till they all shake. Click on the red minus of every app to unload them from the list. Then use the phone as normal EXCEPT after you are done with every app, do the unload procedure. Also don't hit the standby button with an App in use.

I would be very interested to see if that changes your battery life.