What's new

iOS 5.1 Finally Ready for Release

I would give iOS 5.1 a try.

If I could get stupid iTunes to restore to my stupid 5.0.1 iFaith IPSW I'd totally try it. Stupid iTunes, or iFaith or iFaith ipsw, or something else........So stupid.

Miss.manson said:
I'm not updating lol



Jail broken? ;)

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

Jail broken? ;)

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

I ended up updating LOL. Yes I was jailbroken. The update seemed to have improved my battery life but it may be too early to tell.



Have just updated to the new software and whilst the battery life does seem to be a bit better, the 'access the
camera from locked' facility has stopped working. One step forward....

Have just updated to the new software and whilst the battery life does seem to be a bit better, the 'access the
camera from locked' facility has stopped working. One step forward....

Have you tried swiping upwards instead of tapping the icon for the camera?

I was on 5.1 for a a couple hours. I discovered that ISX caused Safe Mode when initializing (easy fix, not so bad) and that Spejngtimize 2 does not work at all.

And man do I really hate the look of the new lock screen. I mean I hate it. I do not use my camera that often. Hopefully someone will release a tweak to bring back the old double tap home on 5.1. I hate the slightly smaller sized sliders.lol. Even the slide to power off slider is smaller. But that's just me. Always liked the default slider style (except with my shiny black slider.....not gray..lol)

2 of my favorite tweaks not working perfectly, and an ugly lock screen......no thanks. I downgraded back to 5.0.1.

I have no idea if battery life was better. It drained really fast after restore, but I'm pretty sure that don't count. Always cycle charge after a new iOS install. Which I didn't do. Looks like its gonna be a while before I'm on 5.1....bummer. I hate disappointments.

Plus my battery life on 5.0.1 isn't that bad any way....just have to know how to use the device in a battery conservative way.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why but mine updated OTA and my girlfriends had to use wi-fi to update then half way through it went to safe mode and I hade to do a factory restore through iTunes and redo the update and reload her phone. We got our iphone 4 on the same day and have always done the updates together. Anyone know why it would have done that?

just got mine yesterday and from reading a lot of these posts it seems like it'd be a good idea if I didn't update to 5.1
I haven't jail broken my 5.0 yet--didn't wanna break my new toy--but I am a little upset about a simple lack of drag n drop; I can't even find the Ebooks I had on my old memory card before the verizon chick xferred it over onto the new iphone from my old droid. I can see the photos of the book covers but if I install a file explorer or pdf reader it doesn't even show up on the phones memory.
Are there any actual advantages in getting the 5.1 and/or jailbreaking the 5.0 and not updating?