What's new

iOS 5.1 Beta RELEASED To Developers! GO AND GET IT!

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score

iOS 5.1 Beta 1 was just seeded to developers by Apple. This means if you have a developer's account, you can now download the first beta of iOS 5.1. However, there aren't any new features found yet other than some bug fixes listed by Apple. As the days go on, more secrets of iOS 5.1 will be discovered. Remember, if you are planning to Jailbreak iOS 5.0, DO NOT UPDATE to iOS 5.1 unless you want it tethered.

Let us know in the comments section if you find anything new!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was surprised they skipped 5.0.2 but cant wait to see what 5.1 will bring... it wont be long now I bet

5.0.2 could still be delivered, depending on how long then plan for the 5.1 beta.

I could be wrong but I dont see that happening... apple only did it last time because of the vulnerability found in the firmware that was used on jailbreakme.com was so huge apple could not just ignore it so we saw 4.3.5 and verizons .10 so unless another vulnerability like that one is found I dont see another fw being released in the beta 5.1 stages especially as there wont be many betas.. 2 -3 at most.

Any better battery life from 4S devs out there?

chillenandy321 said:
I DL 5.1 Beta 1 from a source not gonna mention. Need to activate my UDID. Could someone PM me if there is a bypass method. Thanks

Are there any noticeable improvements?

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF.net

Question to you developers; what is the scope of your development? Do you just test apps you have written or is this just alpha/beta testing of the os update? Also does Apple query you for tweaks and os enhancements?
Lastly how much weight does the use comments hold? Like the ongoing complaint about the iTunes interface (at least for me)

zipur said:
Question to you developers; what is the scope of your development? Do you just test apps you have written or is this just alpha/beta testing of the os update? Also does Apple query you for tweaks and os enhancements?
Lastly how much weight does the use comments hold? Like the ongoing complaint about the iTunes interface (at least for me)

So we know when the update will be released to the public?

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF.net

No improvements at all bud. Honestly it was a waste of time. I have the iPhone 4S AND I have can't get Siri to tell me the weather. It's gotten worse. Battery is still bad.

sekelani said:
No improvements at all bud. Honestly it was a waste of time. I have the iPhone 4S AND I have can't get Siri to tell me the weather. It's gotten worse. Battery is still bad.

How is battery life bad? Mine is great. Have it on for fifteen hours and eight hours usage time. That is insane. I came for
A droid so this battery is stunning.

Wondering how the new beta update is working for you developers? Does it look like a keeper?

Not sure, i dont think i am going to download it till a JB comes out unless im forced to.

powderslave said:
Wondering how the new beta update is working for you developers? Does it look like a keeper?

Don't update bud. Got a lot of bugs. With in 4 days of use all of a sudden all my apps went away. Just like that. No idea what happened. So I restored my phone and set up has new using iOS 5.1 and 4 days later it did the same thing.