What's new

How To JAILBREAK iOS 5.1.1 UNTETHERED On iPhone 4S,4,3GS, iPod Touch 3,4 & iPad 1,2,3

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
MAC & WINDOWS

iOS 5.1.1 UNTETHERED JAILBREAK!

Supported iOS Devices:
iPhone 4S
iPhone 4
iPhone 3GS
iPod Touch 3G
iPod Touch 4G
iPad 1G
iPad 2G
iPad 3G (The New iPad)

~~~~Things You'll Need~~~~
Absinthe 2.0 can be downloaded here for Mac, Windows, & Linux:

Absinthe 2.0 has arrived! | greenpois0n.com

Mac:
https://sites.google.com/site/greenpois0nabsinthe/absinthe-mac-2.0.dmg?attredirects=0&d=1
Windows:
https://sites.google.com/site/greenpois0nabsinthe/absinthe-win-2.0.zip?attredirects=0&d=1
Linux:
https://sites.google.com/site/greenpois0nabsinthe/absinthe-linux-2.0.tar.bz2?attredirects=0&d=1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Windows Vista & Windows 7 users right click on Absinthe and set compatibility mode to Windows XP Service Pack 2. Then run as Administrator)

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone run into problems if you restore settings after wipe+jailbreak? Some of my restored apps constantly crashes. Then when I use the app store to redownload them, it would not let me search, instantly crashes as soon as I try.

I'm trying to reset to factory setting and try again. but even this is giving me problem, resetting over itunes gave me an error, saying it was unable to. Right now I'm trying to erase all content and setting via the iphone itself, and has been stuck in the black screen with loading icon in the center for about 20minutes. If I force restart, the phone goes into safe mode, doing the restore again would result in the same loading screen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I'm using iphone 4s ios 5.1.1, and absinthe 2.0.1.

Edit: Nevermind, everything back and running.

Last edited:
What are the steps if its already jailbroken on 5.0.1 ?

you can safely upgrade to 5.1.1 in itunes (unless you rely on unlock) in which case you would then need to create a custom firmware to preserve the baseband.

i updated to the new 5.1.1 (9B208) GSM, downloaded the absinth v2.0.2. when i run absinthe then plug in my phone its telling me my Device is not supported?
any ideas?

Nevermind: it finaly started the JB after about the 50th try.

Last edited:
I think this is applicable to iphone 4 only. You guys who just upgraded to 5.1.1 ( 9B208 ) will need to find the IPSW 5.1.1 (9B206). This is the one that absinthe 2.0.2 will recognize. Too bad I could not copy paste the link here since my iPad can't do it. Google it up! Once you had he IPSW saved on your computers, do another restore in iTunes but use the older IPSW. On your PCs before clicking restore in iTunes, press SHIFT+restore button. It will now let you find the IPSW you will use. Select the IPSW with the 5.1.1 (9B206) then let he restore process continue. Once it's all done, absinthe 2.0.2 will recognize your iPhone 4. Then jailbreak away.

Neubeehunhun said:
Does anyone run into problems if you restore settings after wipe+jailbreak? Some of my restored apps constantly crashes. Then when I use the app store to redownload them, it would not let me search, instantly crashes as soon as I try.

I'm trying to reset to factory setting and try again. but even this is giving me problem, resetting over itunes gave me an error, saying it was unable to. Right now I'm trying to erase all content and setting via the iphone itself, and has been stuck in the black screen with loading icon in the center for about 20minutes. If I force restart, the phone goes into safe mode, doing the restore again would result in the same loading screen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I'm using iphone 4s ios 5.1.1, and absinthe 2.0.1.

Edit: Nevermind, everything back and running.

just fyi, you can never do a erase all content and settings on a jailbroken device. the readme with absinthe says to do erase all content and settings. but that only applies to a stock device

Is it necessary to backup via iTunes? Or would iCloud suffice?

Well you dont have to backup at all if you dont want to, but its really just in case anything should go wrong then you have a backup and it makes no difference where the backup is, in the cloud or itunes :)