What's new

Absinthe 2.0.2 has been released windows/osx and linux versions!

dragonballz said:
This is not working on my Verizon iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.8.

I downloaded "iPhone3,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore". I backed up my iPhone. I held SHIFT and clicked UPDATE in iTunes. I selected "iPhone3,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore". Then it says, "...could not be updated because the firmware file is not compatible."

UPDATE:
I downloaded wrong ipsw. Stupid me.

CDMA: iPhone3,3_5.1.1_9B206_Restore
GSM: iPhone3,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore

I downloaded that but where do you put the files after you download it? Cause it's not a set up app exe that ones out

Are you a GSM client or a CDMA?

If CDMA i would say its still the older version by apple.

What i did and i am on a GSM provider is i updated last week, i did a backup and then ran Absinthe 2.0 and it took 5 min is all to be done and to my surprise all my apps and stuff were still there, so you don't nees to restore and absinthe does the JB its only best to backup in case something goes wrong.

If your JB'd now awesome.
XamDam, since you're new please learn to use the QUOTE button when you reply so we know who you're talking to. I think you meant me in your last post. I am on an iPhone 4S which I think are neither GSM nor CDMA.. They're "global" phones set up for either carrier.

As of 5pm (17:00) US Eastern Daylight time Apple was still signing 5.1.1 (build 9Bxx6). I downloaded from Unleashed's link of iOS versions. So I'm at 5.1.1 and JB'ed on my 4S (AT&T)!! Yes!!! So relieved.

Sorry Pianoman i usually do hit the quote button, but being on my iphone it gets a little slow loading the Quoted info.

I was talking to you yes and i am glad you seen that. I will try my best to Quote or type the name of the person i am Talking to.

Glad you got ot to work out on your phone.

My Update!!

So after reading everything thats been posted here, I got my friends 3GS and updated to iOS 5.1.1 build 9B206 and then downloaded the updated Absinthe 2.0.1. Then I re-jailbreaked her pphone and everything went snmoothly!!

Thank you to all who responded to me and also those who shared links and step-by-step instructions, it all really helped.

Next step is to go about doing the same for my iPhone 4, it should all work the same way, just different download links. I'm backing up to the cloud right now and then will use AppInfo to send myself an email of all my tweaks and packages. I also wanna use PKGBackup but would like some help from someone whos used it to figure out how to properly use it.

XamDam said:
Yes and if not get the one from the link Unleashed provided they are all listed there.

Download it now and do it as soon as possible cause if apple closes the signing your out of luck.

Apples doesnt stop signing firmware unless an update is higher the 5.1.1 is out. Has plenty of time I'm sure.

hmm are you a cdma user or a gsm user?

Also someone posts about the carrier update settings would be ok as it has nothing to do with jb.

If your cdma i bet now there is the build for ppl who have not updated. These are the ppl that should download the file from the listed files posted by unleashed and do as instructed to do by me on page 14.

verizon so.....cdma????

i wonder why there is no notification on the phone that there is an upgrade for Carrier Settings???

Last edited:
Apples doesnt stop signing firmware unless an update is higher the 5.1.1 is out. Has plenty of time I'm sure.
Incorrect, Zig. When Apple came out with 5.0.1r1.. It closed the signing if 5.0.1 for those devices that needed 5.0.1r1 to work.

Alright guys I need your help again, I dont know why its doing this...

So after downloading the iOS 5.1.1 build 9B206 from the link and then downloading the Absinthe 2.0.1 jailbreak, I run the jailbreak but once I get to the step "Sending initial jailbreak data..." an error window pops up saying the the program has stopped working and asks if I'd like to search the web for a solution or just close the program all together. It wont get past that step in the jailbreaking process.

Oh and I also get this error message on the Absinthe screen too: "ERROR: could not connect to lockdownd"

the weird thing is that my buddy who has a 3GS is having this exact same problem on his Windows 7 desktop... but just tonight I did this exact same process on my other friends 3GS phone and it worked perfectly on hers using a windows 7 laptop!?

Can someone please help me? Maybe I'm missing something? But I'm pretty sure I'm doing all the right steps...

Ughhh

Last edited:
Ah! So 9B208 did NOT patch the exploits?!! Whew - dodged a bullet there. So we can freely keep using iTunes to Update/Restore to 5.1.1 - right?

Ah! So 9B208 did NOT patch the exploits?!! Whew - dodged a bullet there. So we can freely keep using iTunes to Update/Restore to 5.1.1 - right?

Yes you can now update with itunes as absinthe supports 9B208 the latest build.

no thank god.. but if you did upgrade then you wont have been able to jailbreak until the 2.0.2 release of absinthe

I am wondering what was changed in 9B208 as i am wondering should i update to it and jailbreak again or just stay on 9B206

I am wondering what was changed in 9B208 as i am wondering should i update to it and jailbreak again or just stay on 9B206

no point upgrading.. not a thing is new so its just a waste of time doing so and usually I will always upgrade firmwares no matter what. unless you have to restore then I would just stick with the fw you are on

no point upgrading.. not a thing is new so its just a waste of time doing so and usually I will always upgrade firmwares no matter what. unless you have to restore then I would just stick with the fw you are on

Yeah thats what i am going to do is stay with 9B206 unless someone comes up with what apple has revised on it and its a significant revision.