What's new

Absinthe 2.0.2 has been released windows/osx and linux versions!

HOW do you make sure it's 9B206????? Where can you check that?

I don't know as i never downloades it to see, just look at the file name or if there is a read me file.

The links i hope are external links with the older version.

You will just have to try it.

I can't very it, but i bet they are the older version.

Just try is all i can say, if they are the older version and apples closes the signature soon, then your of luck unless you find some place with the older file to download.

Yes and if not get the one from the link Unleashed provided they are all listed there.

Download it now and do it as soon as possible cause if apple closes the signing your out of luck.

Thanks.

When i said update, I meant through iTunes. It still should be updating with the old build, for now, since i am CDMA, right?

I wish I could DL now, Im at work.

Thanks.

When i said update, I meant through iTunes. It still should be updating with the old build, for now, since i am CDMA, right?

I wish I could DL now, Im at work.

No if you update from itunes it will be the new build if you did not download the old build and install it instead like i said to do in my previous post on page 14

Ok if you have downloaded 5.1.1 before yesterday, 99% chance its 9B206 and not the new one, so it should be fine.

I never downloades it as i updated to it last week, so just look at file name or any readme if there is any or risk restoring it using that file. I would guess its fine if its from two days ago, but if its from yesterday or today i would say no.

Unleashed provided a link, now make sure its 9B206

i upgraded my wife's phone to 5.1.1, yesterday at 8:30 pm central....jailbroke it and all is well......

when it connects to Itunes now it wants to upgrade Carrier Settings".......

i upgraded my wife's phone to 5.1.1, yesterday at 8:30 pm central....jailbroke it and all is well......

when it connects to Itunes now it wants to upgrade Carrier Settings".......

Hmm are you a CDMA user or a GSM user?

Also someone posts about the carrier update settings would be ok as it has nothing to do with JB.

If your CDMA i bet now there is the build for ppl who have not updated. These are the ppl that should download the file from the listed files posted by Unleashed and do as instructed to do by me on page 14.

I have one small issue after the JB. My notification badges do not display.

hey XamDam,

I posted this in my other thread but I'll ask you here:

Is it possible right now to DL the old iOS 5.1.1 build 9B206 for my iPhone 4 and JB it using Absinthes new 2.0.1 file?

Thanks for any info you could give me buddy.

hey XamDam,

I posted this in my other thread but I'll ask you here:

Is it possible right now to DL the old iOS 5.1.1 build 9B206 for my iPhone 4 and JB it using Absinthes new 2.0.1 file?

Thanks for any info you could give me buddy.

Start reading from page 14 of this thread as i posted already thats what ppl are going to need to do, unleashed posted a link on page 15-16 of this thread to a page that has all the IOS files listed.

Now you can yes download the older file and use absinthe 2.0 to jailbreak this is what i have been talking about for the past 3 pages in this thread.

As long as Apple has not stopped the signing of the older build you can do so, so i would hurry up.

And before anyone asks me, i have no clue when apple will stop signing the older build, but it maybe sooner then never.

Last edited:
^ ok thank you man for your info and I apologize for not reading the other pages, just wanted a confirmation.

Thank you again.

Also what does the whole apple signing technically mean?

I successfully got 5.1.1 on today using Unleashed's links. But I did it as an UPDATE over my 5.0.1 Jailbreak on my 4s. Is this okay?? I just forgot to hit restore and option clicked on Update in iTunes instead. I started the Jailbreak with Absinthe 2.0.1 and went and did some errands and 35 minutes later Absinthe was still on the "starting jailbreak this might take a while screen". Was I frozen? Or was it just taking longer because I had an iPhone full of apps and data?

UPDATE!!: Well I think it was because I hadn't done the "Erased All Contents" step (which will NOT work if you're still jailbroken at the reading of this) - which by the way, when it's being properly used from a Restored iPhone (not a jailbroken one) takes only 1 minute or so - no matter how full your phone is.

So I've been able to verify that you do NOT need to do a FULL RESTORE before taking a previously jailbroken phone up to a new Firmware and re-jailbreaking. You can do it as an UPDATE. After the Update - all your apps and data will still be in tact. And you CAN use the Absinthe tool to jailbreak - the Jailbreak will just take a VERY long time. So - in the final analysis I think it's ultimately a little timelier to so it in THIS order IF YOU'RE PREVIOUSLY JAILBROKEN:

1) BACK UP your IPHONE in iTunes (or iCloud)
2) UPDATE (or RESTORE) phone to new iOS version (while the current Jailbreak-able iOS version is still being signed by Apple) via iTunes (and I think iCloud will work here too)
3) Then, if you used UPDATE, use the ERASE ALL CONTENTS and SETTINGS next in your iPhone. (If you used RESTORE skip this step and choose SET UP AS NEW IPHONE/IPAD).
4) Jailbreak (will be nice and fast)
5) Right Clik on your iDevice in iTunes and choose "RESTORE FROM BACKUP" then choose the last backup you did before Updating.

This seems like the most painless process to follow. If you backed up your jailkbroken device to PKGBackup or one of the other tools for backing up Cydia stuff then you'd first download PKGBackup from Cydia - log into wherever you did your backups to and restore from backup. This will also take a lot of time if you have lots of themes and tweaks.

That's what's worked for me.

Last edited:
Are you a GSM client or a CDMA?

If CDMA i would say its still the older version by apple.

What i did and i am on a GSM provider is i updated last week, i did a backup and then ran Absinthe 2.0 and it took 5 min is all to be done and to my surprise all my apps and stuff were still there, so you don't nees to restore and absinthe does the JB its only best to backup in case something goes wrong.

If your JB'd now awesome.

This is not working on my Verizon iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.8.

I downloaded "iPhone3,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore". I backed up my iPhone. I held SHIFT and clicked UPDATE in iTunes. I selected "iPhone3,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore". Then it says, "...could not be updated because the firmware file is not compatible."

UPDATE:
I downloaded wrong ipsw. Stupid me.

CDMA: iPhone3,3_5.1.1_9B206_Restore
GSM: iPhone3,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore

Last edited:
Glad too see u got it figured out as i was going to ask if u a cdma or gsm customer.

Thanks for everybody's help here. Especially unleased and xamdam

At first the JB did not work. It would fail at the last step. I did a fresh install of 5.1.1 and retried and it worked.

Anybody needs help, PM me or post here.
I have iPhone 4 Verizon. Was previously on iOS 4.2.8