What's new

Absinthe 2.0.2 has been released windows/osx and linux versions!

turbo508 said:
Hey guys I can't even find butesms in cydia....is this cause of the servers? Is there anyplace to download it alternately?

Make sure you update your sources but that may even fail due to the overloaded servers.

As this source: cydia.bitesms.com/

It is the beta repo for biteSMS beta versions.

Latest version is 6.3.6.

any other recommended sources I should add? Sources just give me access to DL certain programs within cydia right(they dont actually DL the apps themselves?)

Correct, sources are only repositories where apps/tweaks/mods can be downloaded. Aside from the occasional 3rd party beta repo from certain developers you shouldn't need to add any sources. The sources that come with Cydia by default are the only ones you will ever need.

Make sure you update your sources but that may even fail due to the overloaded servers.

As this source: cydia.bitesms.com/

It is the beta repo for biteSMS beta versions.

Latest version is 6.3.6.

Thanks this worked a treat

this may be a long shot but I loved google navigate for my android...is there anyway to get that on my JB iphone now that its JB?

I know it's here somewhere - but I can't find it. I even searched, but I aint so good at that.

Anyway - I am currently Jailbroken on 5.01 on my 4S - I have a nice theme installed and quite a few tweaks and such. I would like (I think you know where this is going...) to do the new jailbreak, but I don't want to lose all my tweaks and settings and theme and such. Is this possible? Is there a way I can backup my phone and restore it to this exact state afterwards?

Is there a link to a write up of exactly how to "upgrade" a jailbreak on the 4S?

Thanks in advance :)
Rob

This didn't work for me, I backed up, restored, tried to jail break & it said my device was not supported but it was supported before I did all that extra **** & now it don't work period. Ugh

all idevices rceived an update for 5.1.1, the only thing that changed was the build and probably the jb was patched so what ever you do do NOT hit that restore button in itunes if you care about your un tethered jailbreak

I haven't been able to get the jailbreak working for either my Verizon Iphone 4, or my Wifi Ipad 2. For both, I did a clean restore, first, without setting it up at all, then connecting it to Absinthe 2.0.1. It starts the jailbreak process, but gets stuck on waiting to reboot.

I know it's here somewhere - but I can't find it. I even searched, but I aint so good at that.

Anyway - I am currently Jailbroken on 5.01 on my 4S - I have a nice theme installed and quite a few tweaks and such. I would like (I think you know where this is going...) to do the new jailbreak, but I don't want to lose all my tweaks and settings and theme and such. Is this possible? Is there a way I can backup my phone and restore it to this exact state afterwards?

Is there a link to a write up of exactly how to "upgrade" a jailbreak on the 4S?

Thanks in advance :)
Rob
It's really hard, Rob, and will take a day of your life. Do you know how to SSH into your phone? You need to use a tweak called PKGBackup to save all your tweaks and themes. But that backup tool only saves stock themes. If you messed with your themes at all then you'll also need to save your var/stash/themes folder to your computers desktop to reload back to phone after rejailbreaking. Additionally some tweaks won't yet be updated for 5.1.1 so doing a restore of all tweaks from last JB may actually cause troubles. So I write down every tweak on a notepad file and then reload them one by one and read the description to see if they're ready for the next iOS level. I use rejailbreaks as spring cleaning times for getting rid of tweaks I no longer want. If you want more details PM me.

Last edited:
all idevices rceived an update for 5.1.1, the only thing that changed was the build and probably the jb was patched so what ever you do do NOT hit that restore button in itunes if you care about your un tethered jailbreak

So are you saying we can never backup and restore from the backup?

Or

Are you saying Don't Hit The Update Button as that will update the build number and say bye to your JB?

I like to keep it simple is all and Don't Update The IOS ever until a untethered jailbreak is out for it.

It seems that for Apple iPhone owners of the iPhone 4 GSM version a new iOS update has just been quietly released that is not available for other iOS devices. A new revised iOS 5.1.1 build is now available but only for that particular iOS device and it’s also not known what the new build is for.

iOS 5.1.1 was only recently released for iOS devices so it’s a little intriguing that a revision of the operating system has come out for one device only, and so soon after the latest iOS release. The first build of iOS 5.1.1 released to the public was build 9B206 whilst the latest update is 9B208. As this is only a few builds newer it’s most likely that it’s for some sort of minor fix that was only necessary for the iPhone 4 GSM device. An updated iOS 5.1.1 has not been launched for other iOS devices and neither has there been any information that there’s one just about to come.

News of the iOS 5.1.1 revised build for the iPhone 4 GSM version (AT&T’s in US) comes to us from The Next Web and was revealed in a tweet from iOS hacker iH8sn0w. Evidently this is not available for those who are already using the initial iOS 5.1.1 build with that device. It is only availaYble for new iOS 5.1.1 installs and Apple has not informed what alterations are in the latest build. You can see the firmware download link at The Next Web (linked to above) or go to Settings>General>Software Update on your device or plug the device into iTunes.

Apple Insider also discusses this new revised iOS 5.1.1 for the iPhone 4 (GSM) and notes that it arrived on the same day as the Absinthe 2.0 iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak arrived, as we reported yesterday. However it seems highly unlikely that the two events are connected.