What's new

Absinthe 2.0.2 has been released windows/osx and linux versions!

No, the entire process only takes about 5 minutes max.

Ah ok, my iPhone was on 5.1.1 already. Did I have to restore it as new in iTunes first? And also, can I just unplug the phone and try it again now?

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk

can someone give an update on whether or not there are any working packages for cydia yet? every thing i've tried says package cannot be found...i understand cydia being overloaded...but i figured there would at least be SOMETHING useable by now..and if not..that's fine...im just making sure that cydia is working correctly
When the last jailbreak came out - it was late the next day (36 hours after release) before I got anything from Cydia. Sorry.

Also once I reset my entire phone before JB....how far into the phone setup process do I go before I JB it (you know all the stuff that iphone has u do before you can use it)......

Hey guys...got a question.....are all my text messages saved when I JB? Also will every app thats on my UUNjailbroke phone still woth on the 5.1.1 JB?

All your files will be as they where before the jailbreak but always make sure you backup before jailbreaking

also am I missing something...but this link has the 2.0.1 as the latest download?

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/h...one-using-absinthe-2-0-windows-[5-1-1]-40153/

I need to change that to 2.0.1 but the process is still the same, just an updated version of absinthe was released (2.0.1) with minor bug fixes

I have backed everything up and reset/erase my entire phone and settings no I am on the screen where it asks for your language (the normal iphone setup screen)...is this where I start the JB at? (ie open the .exe)

Setup as a new phone then after the jb you can restore to a backup.. You need to be activated for it to work and just to add when you open the .exe open it in admin mode

I'm not so noob - but I just jb my i4 5.1.1 when I go to download or install something I get bad hash - or error htt 500 , etc any ideas?

I'm not so noob - but I just jb my i4 5.1.1 when I go to download or install something I get bad hash - or error htt 500 , etc any ideas?

As others have already pointed out, Cydia is overloaded with traffic right now, you'll just have to keep trying until everything starts running smoothly again.

I jailbroke this morning and have downloaded nothing lol.. I am going to leave it for a few days and then try when the traffic dies down

Okay, so I jailbroke my iPhone earlier but every cydia tweak I try to install it comes up with an unknown error, also I cannot add any repos, will simply rerunning absinthe fix this?

Attachments

• $image-2792269549.jpg
    $image-2792269549.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:
Jmills87 said:
As others have already pointed out, Cydia is overloaded with traffic right now, you'll just have to keep trying until everything starts running smoothly again.

Thanks

Apple has released a new firmware 5.1.1 for the iphone 4 gsm but a new build so what ever you do don't restore in iTunes!

@iH8sn0w: Was just about to push sn0wbreeze 2.9.4 and Apple pushes 5.1.1 (9B208) for the iPhone 4 (GSM) only. I wonder what changed...