What's new

Absinthe 2.0.2 has been released windows/osx and linux versions!

Ok, that seems to have worked, a million thank you's to you! Absinthe gave me a message of "Done, enjoy!" and I now see the Cydia app on my springboard. However, all of my apps are gone. Do I simply restore from iCloud now to get all of my apps and settings back?

yes just restore to a backup and it should work, I was going to say absinthe 2.0.1 was released but glad you got it working

yes just restore to a backup and it should work, I was going to say absinthe 2.0.1 was released but glad you got it working
Plug the phone in, launch iTunes and click Restore? I'm new to this and worried about accidentally losing the JB. I can't see a way to restore from iCloud.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it. I restored from this morning's backup in iTunes and my apps are syncing now, Cydia is still there. Looks like it worked. I'm now jailbroken!

I love this community!!! :)

Last edited:
you're restoring the backup file of your choice..not to be confused with the restore required to get the JB in the first place...and i've done it...you won't lose the jailbreak...it works perfectly.

you're restoring the backup file of your choice..not to be confused with the restore required to get the JB in the first place...and i've done it...you won't lose the jailbreak...it works perfectly.
Yeah, don't do the Reset, just restore from a previous backup from iTunes after the jailbreak is successful. It worked great.

For those who may still be having problems, I followed the instructions here and it worked perfectly.

Last edited:
Plug the phone in, launch iTunes and click Restore? I'm new to this and worried about accidentally losing the JB. I can't see a way to restore from iCloud.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it. I restored from this morning's backup in iTunes and my apps are syncing now, Cydia is still there. Looks like it worked. I'm now jailbroken!

I love this community!!! :)

good :).. I was about to say nooooooooooo dont hit that restore button lol

Ah nothing like having sbsettings again and winterboard with windows 7 complete theme which allows for transparent dock feature.

Also many tweaks

Love it again to have such things.

For those having trouble, read this article: ***LINK REMOVED***

Pay particular attention to this part: "The jailbreak process ran to roughly 75% of the way through its progress bar quite quickly and then froze for several minutes. It eventually spit up this error:

Hmm something seems to have gone wrong, trying to recover

At that point my iPad was back at a normal lock screen and the jailbreak had failed. I did some quick web searching, saw that many users were getting this, and found a quick solution via an ‘Old Faithful’ sort of source – the everythingiCafe forums, and specifically the suggestion made by moderator and superhero Europa in this thread on the new jailbreak. The solution was to ignore the greenpos0n site instructions to do an erase of all settings on the iPad itself and instead do a standard Restore to iOS 5.1.1 while connected to iTunes on a PC.

I did that and the jailbreak ran through quickly and successfully for me and Cydia was installed. It took under 5 minutes this time round. Here are screenshots of the how the process should go in a successful Absinthe 2.0 jailbreak:"

Last edited by a moderator:
For those having trouble, read this article: ***LINK REMOVED***

Pay particular attention to this part: "The jailbreak process ran to roughly 75% of the way through its progress bar quite quickly and then froze for several minutes. It eventually spit up this error:

Hmm something seems to have gone wrong, trying to recover

At that point my iPad was back at a normal lock screen and the jailbreak had failed. I did some quick web searching, saw that many users were getting this, and found a quick solution via an ‘Old Faithful’ sort of source – the everythingiCafe forums, and specifically the suggestion made by moderator and superhero Europa in this thread on the new jailbreak. The solution was to ignore the greenpos0n site instructions to do an erase of all settings on the iPad itself and instead do a standard Restore to iOS 5.1.1 while connected to iTunes on a PC.

I did that and the jailbreak ran through quickly and successfully for me and Cydia was installed. It took under 5 minutes this time round. Here are screenshots of the how the process should go in a successful Absinthe 2.0 jailbreak:"

or can be fixed by downloading absinthe 2.0.1

Hey guys...got a question.....are all my text messages saved when I JB? Also will every app thats on my UUNjailbroke phone still woth on the 5.1.1 JB?

can someone give an update on whether or not there are any working packages for cydia yet? every thing i've tried says package cannot be found...i understand cydia being overloaded...but i figured there would at least be SOMETHING useable by now..and if not..that's fine...im just making sure that cydia is working correctly

Dangit I missed being jailbroken. Not sure why apple just want add some of these tweaks in.

Anyone know how long it should take? I have a Verizon iPhone 4 and a Mac with lion. I don't have any error messages, but the progress bar on absinthe 2.0.1 has been in the same place for almost 15 minutes. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk

Anyone know how long it should take? I have a Verizon iPhone 4 and a Mac with lion. I don't have any error messages, but the progress bar on absinthe 2.0.1 has been in the same place for almost 15 minutes. Is this normal?

No, the entire process only takes about 5 minutes max.