What's new

Absinthe 2.0.2 has been released windows/osx and linux versions!

for people having problems with the jailbreak this work for me,

c/p

RESTORE FROM SCRATCH WITH AN ALL-NEW-FRESH iOS 5.1.1 (simply reseting "Contents and Settings" is NOT enough for some iPhones)
SET UP AS NEW iPHONE
DO NOT SETUP YOUR WLAN CONNECTION
WAIT FOR SUCCESFUL ACTIVATION-MESSAGE in iTUNES WINDOW saying something like: "your iPhone is activated.... "
THEN and ONLY then PERFORM JAILBREAK

it worked for me!!!

+1 to this and thanks for this information. I was also getting errors at the last step with Absinthe 2.0 on my iPad 3. Did it at least 4 times and finally gave up. After completely restoring my iPad with iTunes and following the steps you mentioned above I was able to Jailbreak.

I am yet to JB my iphone 4 will do this later tonight. I am on 5.0.1 with preserved baseband. Was using Gevey but recently got my phone factory unlocked from At&t. Now the big task is updating from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 without bothering about baseband (being factory unlocked) and successfully Jailbreaking with Absinthe 2.0 without getting any errors. I will follow the same step you recommended. Wish me all the best :)

Cydia will hang most of the day, 1st day of release, on "Done:packages" or "Error Http://1.1 Not Found" - this is normal and will take 24-36 hours to clear. Be patient. Check every few hours. All the good stuff is in the BigBoss repo and right now most of you won't see BigBoss listed in Sources, or if you do and you clik on it there won't be any packages in there. It's a temporary thing - but the worst thing about jailbreak release day is that you can Jailbreak -but you can't DO anything "jailbreak-ey" for another day or so. But it's normal. Do something else for the rest of the day. :)

hi can anyone help i downloaded absinth but thought i did it wrong so deleted it and downloaded it again got it working a ran the jailbreak file it seems to go well until the end when i get a msg saying hmmm something must of gone wrong and then says try again i have tried loads of times what am i doing wrong im running on windows vista thanks im so gutted ive been waiting ages for this and now cant get it too work plzz help

i'm having the same problem as Jay...it says waiting for process to complete for about a minute or so..and than says something went wrong yada yada recovery completed. if you want to retry jailbreaking, unplug your device and plug it back in. It's done this about 5 times now. I can't seem to figure it out.

and to ztorque...the suggestion to set up the cleared iPhone as a new iPhone is not necessarily a good one...I followed the original instructions to the letter...and following your instructions ended up having my 'new iphone' back it self up over my original backup file..so when restore originally would have meant restoring all of my music, pictures, contacts, apps and everything else...it ended up meaning restoring to the 'new iphone' backup that happened because of how you instructed people to set their phone up. I'm not that mad, because it got rid of a lot of stuff i didn't want anyways...but dang man...somebody please help a guy out

edit: my apologies..after a little fumbling around I found out that there are multiple backup files. Still can't figure out why i'm getting stuck on 'waiting for process to complete' and failing the jailbreak though....any help would be much appreciated. thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I've followed the instructions on greenpois0n, as well as the instructions in this thread and I can't seem to get the JB to successfully work. Absinthe seems like a great tool, well built, but I just can't seem to get it to work.

One thing I will say about this Apple is they sure know how to implement backups/restores. I've restored my phone fast and easy.. didn't have to do much at all. Good thing I backup daily, gives me confidence.

Last edited:
Downloaded & ran Linpack , said mine is iPad 2,4 / 2 cores / 100MHz . Sucks , I'm left out...can't jailbreak it yet

I've followed the instructions on greenpois0n, as well as the instructions in this thread and I can't seem to get the JB to successfully work. Absinthe seems like a great tool, well built, but I just can't seem to get it to work.

what os are you jailbreaking on? osx windows or linux?

so no one has any ideas on what to do when the absinthe says 'waiting for process to complete' and then fails?

I even tried re-installing absinthe. I'm using windows 7...i really don't see what the problem could be..but there clearly is one.

Last edited:
so no one has any ideas on what to do when the absinthe says 'waiting for process to complete' and then fails?

I even tried re-installing absinthe. I'm using windows 7...i really don't see what the problem could be..but there clearly is one.

click the link I posted above your post and it should work

that worked...a thousand thankyou's kind sir....now quick question...restoring to my old backup file won't get rid of the jailbreak/cydia, correct? May seem like a stupid question but i felt like I'd double check to make sure...thanks again my man.