What's new

Everything is crashing.

Wya77

Reaction score
Alright, so I finally got my 3GS running iOS 5.0.1 jailbroke with redsn0w 0.9.9b8. I got Cydia installed, and downloaded biteSMS, Semitether, and Respring from Cydia. I go to settings, nothing is different, shouldn't it look a tad different? I click on the "General" button, crash. I tap biteSMS, crash. Facebook, crash. Cydia does NOT crash, however.

Does anyone know what the deal is? My icons were white until I rebooted once and resprung twice, using the Respring app.

Rebooting did nothing. I guess back to square one for me..

iphone 3GS jailbreak using redsnow for iOS 5 isn't resulting of an untether jailbreak? Why do you advice to boot tether if so?

I meant I rebooted tethered. Sorry for being vague. I did use redsn0w to reboot. I'm in the process of restoring now.

iphone 3GS jailbreak using redsnow for iOS 5 isn't resulting of an untether jailbreak? Why do you advice to boot tether if so?

I have the new bootrom, so doesn't that mean I can't get an untethered jailbreak?

Would using different programs to jailbreak have different outcomes of the jailbreak? Because I can get the phone jailbroken, the problems occur once it is jailbroken.

Once its jailbroken its jailbroken, but the methods are different. Sn0wbreeze creates an IPSW that has Cydia pre-installed. The methods of jailbreaking are different(although they use the same exploit) but the outcome is the same.

I see, so I would have to download the custom firmware, right?

I have my phone jailbroken again. I am downloading the Cydia updates because my packages were out of date.

I tried going to settings at it works properly. Fingers crossed.

Edit: I think I found the problem. Everything worked until I downloaded biteSMS, then it started crashing. Deleted it, everything works again.

Last edited:
Wya77 said:
I have my phone jailbroken again. I am downloading the Cydia updates because my packages were out of date.

I tried going to settings at it works properly. Fingers crossed.

Edit: I think I found the problem. Everything worked until I downloaded biteSMS, then it started crashing. Deleted it, everything works again.

Make sure you are using the BiteSMS Beta. You need to add the beta repo to Cydia. A quick google will get you the details.

That was it, I found out last night. My issues have been resolved. Thank you.