What's new

jailbroken iphone5/ios6 major crash help

masuklax

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am normally pretty good at solving crashes and bugs with my jailbroken iphone 5 but today I crashed and am in need of serious help trying to get my phone running again.

I have a jailbroken (evasi0n) iphone 5 running ios 6.0.1 on a mac. My itunes is up to date.

Today, I opened cydia and went to update all of my cydia tweaks under the "changes" tab as I normally do once or twice a week. When I clicked update, it went through the normal black install page that cydia runs, but when I clicked respring when it was all done my phone resprung and I am now stuck on the activation screen that appears when you first buy the iphone. I choose my network to activate the phone and after a minute or two of loading this message appears:

"Your iphone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable. Try connecting your phone to itunes to activate it or try again in a couple minutes."

I have tried this several times with no success. I have also connected it to my computer/itunes and get this message from itunes:

"Itunes could not connect to this iphone. Could not connect to the device."

I am at a loss here because I have no way of getting past the activation screen on my iphone, and I cant even restore the phone as I usually do when my jailbreak gets messy because the phone wont connect to itunes. My phone shows status bars and LTE on the top left, but no AT&T sign. I have tried to soft reboot the phone and have tried taking the sim card out and putting it back in. Neither have worked. As I said, I don't mind having to restore the phone and start from scratch, I just need it to work again. PLEASE does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem? How to get past the activation screen? How to connect it to my computer? How to restore the phone? I am phoneless until this problem is solved. Thanks so much for the help everyone.

You updated an incompatible tweak/app. See if you can put it into Safe Mode to remove the tweak/app. Turn it off. Hold the volume up button and power it on. Keep holding the volume up button until you see your springboard. If you can't get into Safe Mode because you don't have MobileSubstrate or SBSettings installed, then you'll need to DFU restore the device.

Thanks so much for the quick response. The DFU restore was exactly what I was looking for. Back up and running now.