What's new

Need Help - Jailbreak 2G

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheriffHD

Reaction score
Hey there, Im new here. tried to search the forums, but all I can find are posts on every Iphone but the 2G.
Im guessing all the jailbreak options are the same.

How ever I have been having some difficulty as of late.
The phone was Used as a Holiday Phone, which Is why im reluctant to buy a new iphone just for holiday use. It was Jailbroken before with ease, but since I made the foolish mistake in lending it to my sister (She tried to update it on itunes, which put the phone loop) as now when I try to jail break / activate the phone nothing seems to work.

Software Used so far;
Sn0wbreeze 1.5.2
redsn0w (Unsure of version, but Am led to believe it is the latest version)

Issue so far.
I can restore the phone in itunes normally, how ever I can not activate the phone as I am unsure what network it is on (was purchased a few years ago off a club bouncer who had found it, and had no one claim it) so sim card was removed, and jailbroken prior to the initial sale.

Issue with Sn0wbreeze.
I can create the IPSW just fine, but when I go to do the restore in Itunes (11) I get the error 1600/1601/1603 it has changed now and then, but 1601 seems to be the most common, the fix's that are suggest via Itunes support have not solved the issue.

Issue with redsn0w.
I'm trying to use the "Select IPSW" tool to activate the phone. But i keep getting the error message.
"That IPSW is not supported by this version of redsn0w.

Fingerprint;
9439da497c5a183f70feeb529a5c3858d69f9888"

I am running A PC with windows 7 64bit Installed.
Any and all help would be very much welcome, as this is driving me insane right about now. was half tempted just to take it down the shooting range and shot the thing to bits.

Edit:
Also wish to state, I am looking to unlock this phone onto GifGaf network. It may or may not prove as helpful additional info for some one.

Last edited:
Even though the device is old and it was "forgotten", we cannot help you to get the phone running since it does not legally belong to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.