What's new

Huge problam with baseband 06.15.00

greekguy

Reaction score
I have an iphone3G. I did the mistake to connect it to itunes and update to latest software 4.2.1 so it locked and it does not accept my SIM card. So I upgraded baseband to ipads 06.15.00 with redsnow and activated, jailbraked it and unlock it with ultrasnow. Everything was perfect BUT then i did the most stupid thing.
I connected it again to itunes hoping to load my photos from a backup. But things didnt work in a good way. It locked again. I dont know the current firmware that it has.

Now i cant jailbreak it with redsnow and itunes wont restore to any IPSW because itunes cant downgrade the baseband. The phone is not even activated right now and i cant run cydia to unlock it.
PLEASE HELP!

Restore it with the 3.1.3 IPSW ; and when you get error 1015 or any error use reccboot to kick it out of recovery mode .. So you can jb n unlock it at 3.1.3 bb 6:15:00

iPhone 3G ( Black ) 3.1.3 BB 6:15:00

Restore it with the 3.1.3 IPSW ; and when you get error 1015 or any error use reccboot to kick it out of recovery mode .. So you can jb n unlock it at 3.1.3 bb 6:15:00

iPhone 3G ( Black ) 3.1.3 BB 6:15:00
It keeps returning to recovery mode. any other ideas? (another thing is that redsnow wont accept ipsw 3.1.3 so i tried what you suggested for 4.2.1)

Last edited:
You need to create a custom firmware with the iPad baseband on it and restore direct to that via iTunes.

Use snowbreeze (windows) or pwnage tool (mac) to create a custom ipsw...

You need to create a custom firmware with the iPad baseband on it and restore direct to that via iTunes.

Use snowbreeze (windows) or pwnage tool (mac) to create a custom ipsw...
thanx this worked

When using redsn0w on the 3.1.3 firmware , download the 3.1.2 firmware and use that in resn0w instead of the 3.1.3 even thou u restored you iPhone with 3.1.3

Restore with 3.1.3

-When you get the error , kick out of recovery with recboot

-download the 3.1.2 firmware

- jailbreak your iPhone using redsn0w but when in redsn0w instead of using the 3.1.3 firmware use the 3.1.2 instead and you will be able to jailbreak you iPhone after that ;

- in the end you will be on 3.1.3 bb 6:15:00