What's new

Stuck on Apple logo

G-Weezy

Reaction score
Last night I tried to upgrade to 5.0. I followed all steps to shut off TinyUmbrella. Did that. Downloaded ioS 5.0. Hit shift and restore in iTunes and picked the firmware and still got the 3194 error. I tried on 2 different computers and the same. So when I updated to 5.01 it went through just fine.

I used Redsn0w all the new ones and followed the tutorial guide to the T. I redirected the ispw to 5.0 so that it could load and boot. After it booted it Cydia was installed. I downloaded my sources and upgrade the apps. It told me to boot and I re-directed the firmware to 5.0 because Redsn0w doesn't reconize 5.01. I got everything installed and all my packages were there. When I started to go into settings and open up apps it would start to crash and respring all the time. I was able to get in and delete the apps that I didn't need. I deleted BiteSMS and it started to work okay for 5 minutes. Then it would crash agin. I checked the crash reporter and I kept getting dyld, celested crashes. After I uploaded my packages through PKGBackup it told me to re-boot. This is where the trouble started when I tried to boot it. I opened Redsn0w pointed the ipsw to 5.0. After I did that it got stuck on the pineapple logo. I tried this for 2 hrs. No luck.

I went back and did a clean restore through iTunes using the iOS 5.01.
Well my jailbreaking needs kicked in and I wanted all my apps and layout I had before on 4.3.1. I proceeded with Sn0wbreeze.

So I went ahead and tried Sn0wbreeze. Built the 5.01. Upgraded the iOS from iTunes just fine. Everything loaded up and Cydia was there. After I upgraded my sources it told me to boot. I followed all the directions using iBooty to boot. Now I'm still stuck in the Apple logo.

As of right now I am in the process of a fatory fresh restore. I miss my jailbroken device. :(

Guys I understand how to jailbreak, I have went over this process last night over and over. My phone will work but no Safari and no mail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:
I downloaded the wrong ipsw. I have a GSM model and downloaded the CDMA version. After I figured that out the lightbulb went on. But like they say a third time is a charm. LOL! I think one key to why it was stuck is because I tried to reinstall all my apps using PKGBackup. This time around I installed all my sources and semi-tether manually right away. Then I just installed what I really wanted instead of all the misc apps I really didn't need. That made a big difference.

But now the problem is everything is crashing. Like my messages, phone, safari, etc. Any ideas what you think might be going on? O yea Happy Thanksgiving!!

Last edited: