What's new

Semitethered Jailbreak Beta testing for ios 5

I had been running iOS5 JB on verizon with the semitether with no problem. I dont use Dreamboard however it is on the google docs file and say that it will work.

Here is the link again.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...0idHJRSk51NW9KUjJabTZVcTNZekVqSmc&pli=1#gid=0

Thank you for the info. Which iOS5 are you using? The one I found says "iPhone3,3_5.0.1_9A404_Restore". Is that one stable? I would install that first, then redsn0w_win_0.9.9b8, and then get the semitether from Cydia, right?

lennie paz said:
Thank you for the info. Which iOS5 are you using? The one I found says "iPhone3,3_5.0.1_9A404_Restore". Is that one stable? I would install that first, then redsn0w_win_0.9.9b8, and then get the semitether from Cydia, right?

Connect your phone to iTunes and move to ios 5 that way. Then use redsnow to do the jailbreak

Connect your phone to iTunes and move to ios 5 that way. Then use redsnow to do the jailbreak

I think I have the check for updates turned off because it says I have the latest firmware which is 4.2.10. Should I manually update to iPhone3,3_5.0.1_9A404_Restore through iTunes then?

lennie paz said:
I think I have the check for updates turned off because it says I have the latest firmware which is 4.2.10. Should I manually update to iPhone3,3_5.0.1_9A404_Restore through iTunes then?

Nop, you must be running a later version of iTunes, make sure that you upgrade iTunes to 10.5 wish is the latest and the try again.

Nop, you must be running a later version of iTunes, make sure that you upgrade iTunes to 10.5 wish is the latest and the try again.

I'm sorry, I worded that wrong. What I meant to say is I must have the update set to manual because it says I have the latest firmware which is 4.2.10. Once I clicked on update, it said there was a new version available which was 5.0. That's the one you are using correct? The one I found is a beta and I should not use that one, right? I appreciate your help with this.

Just make sure you use the one that iTunes gave you. Don't trust on getting any beta versions from the internet and any way you will not be able to installed. I'm running iOS 5.0 just like iTunes is telling you.

iFrog said:
Just make sure you use the one that iTunes gave you. Don't trust on getting any beta versions from the internet and any way you will not be able to installed. I'm running iOS 5.0 just like iTunes is telling you.

Hey, you seem quite knowledgeable. Do you know if the recent redsnow or sn0wbreeze supports iPhone 4 that was already updated to ios 5 sporting the oh so infamous 4.11.08. I don't need an unlock just a jailbreak. I don't mind tethered unless you can convince me untethered will be out soon. Upgraded from a 3G. Love the phone but I'm withdrawing since I no longer have my jailbreak

Hey, you seem quite knowledgeable. Do you know if the recent redsnow or sn0wbreeze supports iPhone 4 that was already updated to ios 5 sporting the oh so infamous 4.11.08. I don't need an unlock just a jailbreak. I don't mind tethered unless you can convince me untethered will be out soon. Upgraded from a 3G. Love the phone but I'm withdrawing since I no longer have my jailbreak

Redsn0w and Sn0wbreeze both support iOS5. It is not likely we will see an untethered any time soon(likely after 5.0.1 or 5.0.2 is released)

I assume you mean pulblic release?

Of course he does. A new exploit is never revealed to the public on the back of an IOS beta. It makes absolutely no sense as it gives Apple an opportunity to patch it...

Of course he does. A new exploit is never revealed to the public on the back of an IOS beta. It makes absolutely no sense as it gives Apple an opportunity to patch it...

Yep, that will make no sense

Jmills87 said:
Redsn0w and Sn0wbreeze both support iOS5. It is not likely we will see an untethered any time soon(likely after 5.0.1 or 5.0.2 is released)

Ok so I downloaded and installed redsnow 0.9.9b8 I had to point it at downloaded iOS 5 ipsw. Jailbroke it. Had cydia up and got a message "like" not sufficient space ??? Backed out of cydia. I only had like 5 apps. Didn't have settings or anything. I had already done a tethered boot. Turned it off. Hooked it up and tethered boot again. Same thing. I was freaking out so I luckily had backed up before and restored through ITunes. Is there something I'm doing wrong. I ran as admin and everything. I don't get it

Hi could someone please tell me if you need to just boot using redsnow do you have to be connected to the Internet. Or is it just a program that doesn't need any Internet connection after it's been downloaded.

When trying to boot into semi tethered i get white apple for 3 minutes 10 seconds.
After that device reboots, and goes into the loop :(

When trying to boot into semi tethered i get white apple for 3 minutes 10 seconds.
After that device reboots, and goes into the loop :(

Make sure you open redsn0w and choose extras. Then click on select ISPW and choose the proper one(redsn0w doesn't remember the ISPW from your last boot). THEN click on just boot and follow what it says.