What's new

Actual ordering time on the 3rd for online...

Spoke with Verizon Rep on the phone yesterday who assured me the "go live" time was Midnight EST, not 3AM. Probably just wrong but may be worth trying early.

I think the rep was wrong. The email that came out was specifically from Verizon saying 3 AM. Doesn't mean I'm not going to start trying to ping at midnight. ;)

true... plus, verizon has a count down. when it hits 00:00:00 then it will go live. and like someone said above, the iPhone im sure will still be avalable 8am thursday. it wont sell out asap like everyone thinks. not everyone will stay awake. Now if there where no talk about up coming 4g phones, apple iPhone 5 and so on, then im sure the iPhone 4 will sell out asap 3am est.

I received my "exclusive invitation" to pre-order as well. I did sign up for the iPhone e-mail updates, I'm in Michigan, and I'm on a family plan with 4 lines and none of them are eligible for an upgrade (I will be paying retail price).

I will be ordering right as it opens as well. I'm on PST (which means i can order 12am) so its not too bad of a time for me, but even if i was EST, I'm usually up past 3am anyway so it still wouldn't be a big deal.

I will be ordering right as it opens as well. I'm on PST (which means i can order 12am) so its not too bad of a time for me, but even if i was EST, I'm usually up past 3am anyway so it still wouldn't be a big deal.

Liar. You're never up late. :p

I received my "exclusive invitation" to pre-order as well. I did sign up for the iPhone e-mail updates, I'm in Michigan, and I'm on a family plan with 4 lines and none of them are eligible for an upgrade (I will be paying retail price).
You should be able to add a 5th line to the family plan. So you have a choice to buy the iPhone and add the new line or if you have an old phone lying around, activate it on the fifth line without signing a contract and it will be eligible for the upgrade.

And then you can cancel any one of your lines and then paying ETF plus the expense of the iPhone would be cheaper than paying full retail for it.

just called a local Verizon store here near me and asked what their hours are for launch day and excited to hear that they will open at 7am! good news for me, since I don't have to be to work til 11. I will have to miss my gym time in order to stand in line and wait though. hoping I can be out by 9am, rush home and sync with iTunes and then hit 405 traffic to head in to the hospital. lol

just called a local Verizon store here near me and asked what their hours are for launch day and excited to hear that they will open at 7am! good news for me, since I don't have to be to work til 11. I will have to miss my gym time in order to stand in line and wait though. hoping I can be out by 9am, rush home and sync with iTunes and then hit 405 traffic to head in to the hospital. lol

Haha you better camp out if you want to be able to get an iPhone on the 10th in Los Angeles. I'm sure stores in LA will be sold out within a few hours.

Man 7a.m is perfect for us that miss it on the 3rd!

Haha you better camp out if you want to be able to get an iPhone on the 10th in Los Angeles. I'm sure stores in LA will be sold out within a few hours.
I live in Redondo Beach and I think it will be okay. I will drive Wednesday night to scope it out. I think there will be a line but I think it will be ok and if I don't get it n the 10th I will get it another day. stay tuned. but I think by them opening 2 hours earlier than normal is good for me.

You should be able to add a 5th line to the family plan. So you have a choice to buy the iPhone and add the new line or if you have an old phone lying around, activate it on the fifth line without signing a contract and it will be eligible for the upgrade.

And then you can cancel any one of your lines and then paying ETF plus the expense of the iPhone would be cheaper than paying full retail for it.

Hmm... so I could just open a 5th line, get the phone, and cancel the 5th line paying the ETF for only that line? Then keep the iPhone and just activate it on my current line? I just want to make sure I keep my current phone number.

Last edited:
Okay I guess it's not as easy as it sounds... if I try to do it on the website, it doesn't simply "add a line" to your account... it makes you change your billing plan... And the only option it gives me is more expensive than my current plan. I got the current plan through a promotion which includes unlimited data on all 4 lines, and the "new" plan it wants to change me to does not have that...

Liar. You're never up late. :p

Haha my name says it all. I dont have a choice most of the time but to be up late lmao.