What's new

What would you like to see different for the iPhone 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol,i jump up and down every two minutes,i have 10 more days to wait :(

10 days will fly by.. hopefully I will have time to make a video since i have to go to London but a good chance to try the maps from Cambridge to Kingston London

10 days will fly by.. hopefully I will have time to make a video since i have to go to London but a good chance to try the maps from Cambridge to Kingston London
oh yes,will be good to hear how maps are.

Received my iPhone5 today...this is my first iPhone, always had a DROID...I have to say 1 big problem I am noticing is the fact that there is no notification light to let me know if i have a message when I'm away from my phone, you would think that Apple would have incorporated that into the phone. The only thing they have is the basic flash notification for when you receive the message, there isn't a constant blink every 10 seconds or so to let you know you have 1.

I'm baffled about why they do not have toggles!

The answer to that is very simple.

Less than 1% of all iPhone users would even know how to use it properly much less set it up.

Always remember this one fact: If you added up every iDevice forum user from every site out there, our total number would be less than .1% of all iDevice users on the planet. We aren't even a marketing BLIP to Apple when it comes to software features that should be included. The only reason ANY of the decent features of the Jailbreak world make it back into iOS is because of the Tech Blogs posting about how "cool" the feature is.

iPhone 5 for developers, is like a big step forward related new APIs and many more. This new API allow developers to process and synthesize. If they have never work, the API may seems a little weird, but after a while is not so hard to understand.

iPhone 5 for developers, is like a big step forward related new APIs and many more. This new API allow developers to process and synthesize. If they have never work, the API may seems a little weird, but after a while is not so hard to understand.

Please enlighten us with the profound "big step forward" that the iPhone 5 brings. Seriously. Because the iPhone 4 and 4S run the same exact version of iOS 6 as the 5 does. Which means your statement has nothing to do with the iPhone 5. It has to do with iOS 6. And there is nothing new in iOS 6's API that needs to be "processed or synthesized". In fact the new API calls in iOS have NOTHING to do with gaming or general application development. Only two areas were basically added. Maps and Passbook. And that makes up less than 1% of the total API calls developed in the last 5 years for iOS.

Oh and there is nothing hard about the iOS API calls. In fact they are about the easiest to use of all SDK for smart phones. Now Objective C can be an issue for software developers that come from the traditional C, C++, Java and PHP arenas, but the average ramp up time is less than 60 days for us professionals. In my case it took less than 60 hours to learn how to program effectively in Objective C.

I will not be getting an iPhone 5. I see it as a waste of money. All apple did was catch up. Nothing innovative. The screen is just longer, the phone is a little thinner, it's a little faster, and it has LTE. Not worth it IMO. I'll be swapping my 4 for a new 4s and keeping that for a while. Maybe the 5s will be more worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.