What's new

Otterbox Defender w/ VZW Iphone - Not Quite

I like the survivor case. I'm not crazy about how all the others have the cutout for the apple logo. I like how bulky mine is. I'm a trucker and it makes it easier to hold plus I like the bumps on the side of it

My biggest issue with the Surivovor was the ridges on the sides made it a lot harder for me to type letters on the edge of the keyboard.

well those ridges are ok by me. im a log truck driver and my iphone naked was too thin and the survivor case makes it more bulky and protected so all is good. :D

I love my Otter Box Defender. It's saved my phone several times. The only thing I don't like is the locking nechanism that allows the clip to stay open so you can prop the phone on its side. The little clip thing breaks real easy if you're not careful. Still it's a really tough case. I'm really hard on phones and my Otter Box has saved mine several times.

Otter defender is a great product keeps my phone really save but if I had to rate it out of 5stars I would give it a 2 because of the most annoying feature....the flap that covers the sensor so when you put the phone up to your ear to talk your phone stays on and your ear pushed mute and the dialpad all the time. For the price it's not worth it.

I have the griffin for only a few days but send fine.

Otterbox and Griffin attain ti meet Military. Grade protection, so things tend get bulky.

I think it's a case of trimming to suit you not the military, if like me you use your phone in harsh environments, then some bulk is not a worry .

Typing issue caused by the middle buffers could IMHO be fixed with a simple rework with a craft knife,

@ £20 Inc p&p for a Griffin, you could easily have a couple adapted for all your specific needs.

CP

I'm in the UK afaik one model iphone fits all.

find it strange the different service providers have slightly different iPhone models.

On the Griffin case there is a hole for the mute button, only the rubber is in contact and covering the mute switch. You lift this flap to operate it, intact it will mute the phone if not careful when closing the flap.

I mute my handset at night, to stop notifications from boards and ebay etc disturbing my beauty sleep :).

CP

Otter defender is a great product keeps my phone really save but if I had to rate it out of 5stars I would give it a 2 because of the most annoying feature....the flap that covers the sensor so when you put the phone up to your ear to talk your phone stays on and your ear pushed mute and the dialpad all the time. For the price it's not worth it.

I have never had this happen with my iphone and I have the Otterbox defender. My phone's screen shuts off when I bring it up to my ear every time.

nj1266 said:
I have never had this happen with my iphone and I have the Otterbox defender. My phone's screen shuts off when I bring it up to my ear every time.

Is that on a setting or software/carrier version difference?

I to often suffer from turning on the Speakerphone (ouch!) or muting accidentally, due to inadvertent contact of ear or cheek with the screen :(.

I was pretty sure I wasn't the only one with this problem.....I love the case for its durability cause I work construction so I'm going to keep it on....oh and it's to expensive not to use

sspokerss said:
I was pretty sure I wasn't the only one with this problem.....I love the case for its durability cause I work construction so I'm going to keep it on....oh and it's to expensive not to use

On the defender case just take off the screen protector Covering the sensor and it will work great