What's new

Verizon iphone otterbox defender

jkeith

Reaction score
Do you think with a little cutting on the silent button the defender otterbox might fit. i work for a utility company and can be tough on a phone, plan on oredering the phone on the 3rd and would like to have a good protector case asap without wainting for otterbox to come out with a new case

Do you think with a little cutting on the silent button the defender otterbox might fit. i work for a utility company and can be tough on a phone, plan on oredering the phone on the 3rd and would like to have a good protector case asap without wainting for otterbox to come out with a new case

On verizons website now they have a case built to military standard, looks like a pretty basses case if you ask me lol just check the accessories page.

I believe that when they moved the silent button down a tad, they had to move the volume buttons down a tad also, so, I would not recommend cutting the case. Cutting the case would also reduce the water resistance of the case, and I think as a utility worker that would be important. E-mail Otter Box and ask them when the new style case will be out for the new Verizon iPhone4.

Verizon store i talked to today said they would be stocking accessories on the 2nd, im gonna go check it out on the 2nd and see what they have got.

I believe that when they moved the silent button down a tad, they had to move the volume buttons down a tad also, so, I would not recommend cutting the case. Cutting the case would also reduce the water resistance of the case, and I think as a utility worker that would be important. E-mail Otter Box and ask them when the new style case will be out for the new Verizon iPhone4.

The volume buttons did NOT move, the apple store has universal cases, and the volume buttons did not move, just the switch.

On verizons website now they have a case built to military standard, looks like a pretty basses case if you ask me lol just check the accessories page.

Could you post a link to that case? I was just looking and couldn't locate it.

Here ya go:

Set Your Location

Kinda big, but it's water resistant and drop resistant, and dust proof, etc. Pretty manly lookin case lol

This is just what I think because I dont have one, but the mute button would cause the plastic shell not to go on right, correct? This would mean you wont be able to use the current one. I may buy the verizon rugged case and use it till otterbox gets a defender out and return the verizon one.

This is just what I think because I dont have one, but the mute button would cause the plastic shell not to go on right, correct? This would mean you wont be able to use the current one. I may buy the verizon rugged case and use it till otterbox gets a defender out and return the verizon one.

I think you missed his whole post... He said with a little cutting, would it work lol

LOL I did miss that! I thought he was talking about cutting the silicone.

Email from otterbox this morning: Our current model will not fit the new phone but we currently are working on one that we will release the same time the iphone is released. I recommend that you keep checking out our website and we will have an email notification on our website soon. This will allow you to sign up to be notified once they are released.

Hmm, I had not read that they were planning on having it ready for release day. That would be good, I was going to buy the survivor and use it till the defender came out then return the survivor. I would much rather just get the defender and not have to mess with anything else.

hmm, I don't see any accessories for the iphone on Verizon's site. Care to share the link?

hmm, I don't see any accessories for the iphone on Verizon's site. Care to share the link?

I'll quote myself on this one lol. Did you not read the whole thread? Its like post 7 or so...

Yakuzagang5 said:
Here ya go:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...ryDetails&archetypeId=12486&accessoryId=47348

Kinda big, but it's water resistant and drop resistant, and dust proof, etc. Pretty manly lookin case lol
Heres all the accessories. BTW, theyre on the front page when you click accessories on their site...

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=refineByCategory&categoryId=1

Last edited: