What's new

Otterbox Defender w/ VZW Iphone - Not Quite

techdad2 said:
I received a case today from www.seidio.com and very happy with it, comes with a Holster/belt clip. it's called: Innovatve II Surface, you can buy the case only or purchase the combo, case & holster. Very surdy and not too bulky.

I'm really considering getting this Seidio case for my new iPhone 4. Does it fit perfectly for the Verizon version of the iPhone 4?

techdad2 said:
I received a case today from www.seidio.com and very happy with it, comes with a Holster/belt clip. it's called: Innovatve II Surface, you can buy the case only or purchase the combo, case & holster. Very surdy and not too bulky.

I'm really considering getting this Seidio case for my new iPhone 4. Does it fit perfectly for the Verizon version of the iPhone 4?

It is universal due to the big cutout on the side instead of individual cutouts for each button.

Also, I picked up the Griffin Survivor at VZW last night and love it. I had an otterbox defender for my EVO and hated how the silicone came out of the grooves every time I pulled it out of my pocket or plugged the charger in. Also, dust got under the defender screen easily. Those problems are present with the griffin but it is a little more bulky. Anyone else have any pros/cons of these two??

I had the same problem with the OtterBox case for my Incredible. The iPhone 4 OtterBox case doesn't have that problem, for me at least. The silicone case has stayed put ever since I put it on.

I had the same problem with the OtterBox case for my Incredible. The iPhone 4 OtterBox case doesn't have that problem, for me at least. The silicone case has stayed put ever since I put it on.

I'm really tempted to try the otterbox out and compare. See how it compares in typing difficulty and also how easily dust sneaks under and along the edges of the screen protector. I think the otterbox is definitely not as thick as the survivor which is a plus.

I just purchased the NPG Impact resistant case by Incipio at Traget for $13.99 and it works and fits perfectly on my Verizon iPhone. Best part is that it doesn't make the phone Super Bulky. :)

Sent from my Verizon iPhone 4 using iPF app

I been using the Otter box for a week now and it woks Great! No complaints. Yeah the silent button is not centered but that's no problem. Its still accessible and works fine. Just make sure you get the Verizon one. Again there's 3 different ones floating around.

Just make sure you get the Verizon one. Again there's 3 different ones floating around.

I agree, The one from the Verizon store with the box that I posted above. Who knows how long the factory-hacked ones are going to hang on the shelves of WalMart and Best Buy.

I've had all 3 versions. I had the ATT version that I cut to fit the VZW one. I had the BestBuy version that somebody else hacked to fit the VZW one, and I finally got the one from VZW that was made originally to be universal. It still has less than perfect alignment, but atleast it wasn't a hack-job.

In the end, 99% of people wouldn't be able to tell the difference among the three.

I just got my otterbox yesterday. 27$, bought it at 3:22 on monday, it was shipping 4:26 monday and arrived here around 4:30 tuesday. Standard shipping. Total came to just under 35 with shipping. It's the verizon case btw.

Ordered the otterbox from the VZW online store and I love it. Much more compact in comparison to my Griffin Survivor. It's definitely not a hack job but alignment isn't perfect either. The alignment causes ZERO issues and case works great. Definitely recommended.

Anybody have the defender with a screen protector installed? Do you get the watermark effect with it? I'm using mine with a Zagg and it sucks. Am wondering if it would be better with a harder-type of protector.

No watermark either. I am using the screen protector from Verizon.

i got a griffin survivor i like it. i did cut off the flap covering the camera tho.