What's new

Iphone 4 Otterbox Defender!

robredd72

Reaction score
Ok I have to say that my new Otterbox Defender Case for Iphone4 is a durable case. But one thing just bugs me. I use my Iphone as an Mp3 player allot. As we all know you need headphones to really get good sound quality out of it. So what bugs me is that you have to constantly open the rubber flap that covers the headphone jack on the Otterbox!!! It seems to me knowing how often one might plug and unplug headphones, they would just drill a nice little hole there so you can avoid the constant opening and closing!!! I mean I get the whole protection thing but protecting the headphone jack from me acessing it easily is a little overboard. I think they need to fix this in the next case for Iphone5. I understand closing up the charging area and everything else from dust, but drill a hole for me to slip my headphones in, Otterbox! You can leave that area open for me!

I do not agree with you.

You take a feature that's supposed to protect the phone and call it is a fatal flaw?

You might want to cut the rubber flap with a blade if you find it a nuisance.

I do not agree with you.

You take a feature that's supposed to protect the phone and call it is a fatal flaw?

You might want to cut the rubber flap with a blade if you find it a nuisance.

+1

Without all those flaps, I guess it's just another normal case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope not cutting anything I paid money for! Its just poor design. No problem with protecting the area with a flap or whatever. But not cutting a hole to simply plug in and unplug headphones is poor design. Opening and closing the flap is just plain dumb. It's obvious that iphone is marketed as an ipod as a bonus. I am sure I am not the only one playing allot of music on my iphone.

Nope not cutting anything I paid money for! Its just poor design. No problem with protecting the area with a flap or whatever. But not cutting a hole to simply plug in and unplug headphones is poor design. Opening and closing the flap is just plain dumb. It's obvious that iphone is marketed as an ipod as a bonus. I am sure I am not the only one playing allot of music on my iphone.

I don't mind seeing that's where the moisture sensor is id rather have it covered.......

Agree with DannyBoy.

It is a great design and provides good protection.

I do think the OTTERBOX DEFENDER is a top notch case for protection. I dont blink an eye when I drop my phone. My only gripe is that I constantly use my phone as a music palyer, opening and closing the flap is a pain. It should have a hole in it just over the spot where you put the headphones in! They could still have the flap cover the moisture sensor and all that.

I do think the OTTERBOX DEFENDER is a top notch case for protection. I dont blink an eye when I drop my phone. My only gripe is that I constantly use my phone as a music palyer, opening and closing the flap is a pain. It should have a hole in it just over the spot where you put the headphones in! They could still have the flap cover the moisture sensor and all that.

The moisture sensor is in the 3.5mm jack....

My defender does ha e a hole in the flap for the headphone port. It is way offline and does not function as a go around from opening and closing the flap. Do you have a hole in your flap or is your solid?

My defender does ha e a hole in the flap for the headphone port. It is way offline and does not function as a go around from opening and closing the flap. Do you have a hole in your flap or is your solid?

That hole is for the second mic.

The flap on mine has no hole drilled for the headphone. There is a much smaller hole drilled, but I think it is for the other small hole next to the headphone jack. Not quite sure what thats for. It's obvious its not for the headphones as it is to far over. I just think the headphone jack was thought out to well. I mean I bought it for all the protection, but you just have to think, dont completely close up something used so frequently like headphones.

I wondered about that hole too. Even if the flap was reversed that hole wouldn't work for the headphone jack as it doesn't allow far enough insertion. There is a pin-sized hole in the phone beneath the flap hole. What is that? Is that the "moisture sensor" mentioned in an earlier post, and if so, what does the phone do with the sensed information?

I wondered about that hole too. Even if the flap was reversed that hole wouldn't work for the headphone jack as it doesn't allow far enough insertion. There is a pin-sized hole in the phone beneath the flap hole. What is that? Is that the "moisture sensor" mentioned in an earlier post, and if so, what does the phone do with the sensed information?

lol I guess my post wasn't clear enough. The hole in the tab and pinhole in the phone is the noise canceling mic. The moisture sensor is in the bottom of the headphone jack. (shine a flashlight down it you'll see a white paper bit in the bottom... Or pink if it's been wet)