What's new

Made the mistake of updating to 5.1, want to downgrade to 5.0 for untethered JB.

cackspurt said:
I didn't know iFaith did all that. I'll have to try it out next time instead of using TinyUmbrella and having to start the TSS server and edit the file to change the server to Saurik's.

Its soooo much easier to make an ipsw stitched with blobs. That way, no matter what....you can always use that ipsw to restore to.

You can use your blobs from tiny umbrella.

Redsn0w and iFaith can do this.

Forget about TSS servers and modifying the host file.lol.

Why do that when it can be as easy as clicking shift+restore and pointing it to the custom ipsw.....that will always work. ;)

zig9449 said:
Its soooo much easier to make an ipsw stitched with blobs. That way, no matter what....you can always use that ipsw to restore to.

You can use your blobs from tiny umbrella.

Redsn0w and iFaith can do this.

Forget about TSS servers and modifying the host file.lol.

Why do that when it can be as easy as clicking shift+restore and pointing it to the custom ipsw.....that will always work. ;)

Oh I agree. I think I'll make a backup 5.0.1 with ifaith tonight just in case these millions of tweaks I install and uninstall finally crash my iPhone. So far though this jailbreak has worked pretty well

If I copy someone's iPhone 4S firmware, will I be able to downgrade from 5.1 to 5.0.1?

LoveRhyme said:
If I copy someone's iPhone 4S firmware, will I be able to downgrade from 5.1 to 5.0.1?

No, don't attempt this either.

LoveRhyme said:

That would never work. Sorry.

Do you have a 4, or 4S? Help these guys help you by giving the correct info. If your on iPhone 4, you can downgrade. If your on iPhone 4S you can not downgrade.

illmatic636 said:
Do you have a 4, or 4S? Help these guys help you by giving the correct info. If your on iPhone 4, you can downgrade. If your on iPhone 4S you can not downgrade.

He asked about a 4S.....so I'm assuming he's on a 4S. But your right. Anyone asking for help about anything that has anything to do with restoring should definitely state what device they have.

I'm all confused after reading this thread...

I have a 4S on 5.0.1 with my 5.0.1 SHSH blobs saved from Tinyumbrella (someone recommended we save them just in case) so IF I accidentally upgraded to 5.1 or whatever later version come out- Is There Any Way To Downgrade Back To 5.0.1? Yes or no?

If no; then if I have an iPhone 4 or older is it possible?

I'm all confused after reading this thread...

I have a 4S on 5.0.1 with my 5.0.1 SHSH blobs saved from Tinyumbrella (someone recommended we save them just in case) so IF I accidentally upgraded to 5.1 or whatever later version come out- Is There Any Way To Downgrade Back To 5.0.1? Yes or no?

If no; then if I have an iPhone 4 or older is it possible?

Answer is NO. You cannot downgrade an iPhone 4S. It is recommended to save blobs with TU because they will be used....just have not figured out how to use them yet. Thy will probably be useful when there is a Bootrom exploit for the 4S, since restoring to custom IPSW's are possible with Bootrom exploits.

The iPhone 4. Yes. You an downgrade to whatever iOS you have SHSH blobs for.

Very simple.

Answer is NO. You cannot downgrade an iPhone 4S. It is recommended to save blobs with TU because they will be used....just have not figured out how to use them yet. Thy will probably be useful when there is a Bootrom exploit for the 4S, since restoring to custom IPSW's are possible with Bootrom exploits.

The iPhone 4. Yes. You an downgrade to whatever iOS you have SHSH blobs for.

Very simple.

Yes, now it is. Thank you.

I have an iPhone 4S with 5.0.1 Blobs. I also have an iPhone 4 with 5.1. Is it possible to downgrade the iPhone 4 using the 4S's blobs?

It's likely to get more difficult as well, not less...

I dont agree.

The hackers have already jb the new iPad with 5.1.

Tethered jb the ip4 on 5.1

Work underway on the 4s jailbreaks.

Apple in my opinion love the cat and mouse games.