What's new

Downgrade 5.1 to 5.0.1?

Has anyone had any luck going from 5.1 to 5.01 iphone 4?
I have tried using redsnow, and ifaith and have stalled both times, my phone gets stuck in recovery so i have to restore using 5.1.1....Very annoying.
I have following the directions to the letter but still end up with a phone that i have to restore to the latest iOs to get it working again..

Has anyone had any luck going from 5.1 to 5.01 iphone 4?
I have tried using redsnow, and ifaith and have stalled both times, my phone gets stuck in recovery so i have to restore using 5.1.1....Very annoying.
I have following the directions to the letter but still end up with a phone that i have to restore to the latest iOs to get it working again..

Try using Sn0wbreeze. Make sure to choose "iFaith Mode" So you can select your SHSH blobs.

You must always enter PWNED DFU mode with iREB before restoring to a custom iPSW.

Try using Sn0wbreeze. Make sure to choose "iFaith Mode" So you can select your SHSH blobs.

You must always enter PWNED DFU mode with iREB before restoring to a custom iPSW.
I will check that out tonight, so i should be able to go from 5.1.1 now to 5.01 using snowbreeze? Is IREB another program i need to download...
Sorry im pretty seasoned at jailbreaking but this downgrading gig has me stumped :)

Izy said:
I will check that out tonight, so i should be able to go from 5.1.1 now to 5.01 using snowbreeze? Is IREB another program i need to download...
Sorry im pretty seasoned at jailbreaking but this downgrading gig has me stumped :)

iREB is located within Sn0wbreeze and iFaith as always. The restore will never work unless you enter PWNED DFU mode.

You must choose "iFaith Mode" and select your SHSH blobs for 5.0.1 before you click "Build IPSW".

No Luck
Followed it all as you (and the program) says.
Got error 37 when trying to restore via itunes, then 1600.
I officially give up..