What's new

ios 5.0.1 SHSH blobs

tuxben

Reaction score
Hello,
I tried to google my problem and read the sticky note about the SHSH and TinyUmbrella, but i still have some questions...
So some days ago, i jailbreaked my iphone 4 ios 5.0.1. It worked perfectly fine untill i reboot my iphone...
My iphone doesn't want to start anymore. It get stuck on the loop...
So i've been thinking of restoring my iphone but i never knew the existence of the shsh blobs, so i didn't save them.
When i plug my iphone in, TinyUmbrella reconizes it ! So i thought i could save the shsh blobs, but not really...
All the options in the "advanced" tab are on on except the "iphone 4 baseband".
and when i click on "SAVE SHSH", it finds me those : 4.2.1 4.3.3 4.3.4 4.3.5 5.1
but it doesn't find any 5.0.1 which is weird because cydia should have saved my 5.0.1 by it self, shouldn't it ?
And why do i have a 5.1 shsh blob ? Because it has never been installed on my iphone.
TinyUmbrella tells me that i have an ios 5.0.1 and a 4.11.08 baseband !

(I don't want to go to an ios5.1 since there is no untethered jailbreak for the 5.1)

So if someone could answer me those question and try to find a solution for my iphone, it would be great !

Thank you a lot !

Okay, so now, ios5.1.1 is out...
I guess i will have to upgrade to the ios 5.1 since i don't have any shsh blobs for the 5.0.1
Is there a way to keep my baseband of my ios 5.0.1 (4.11.08) ?
Is there anything else i should do before upgrading to the ios 5.1 ? (save anything, or sthg else)
Thank you :)

tuxben said:
Okay, so now, ios5.1.1 is out...
I guess i will have to upgrade to the ios 5.1 since i don't have any shsh blobs for the 5.0.1
Is there a way to keep my baseband of my ios 5.0.1 (4.11.08) ?
Is there anything else i should do before upgrading to the ios 5.1 ? (save anything, or sthg else)
Thank you :)

If you have an unlock and need to keep your baseband, then you will have to update with a custom iPSW.

Um...you are not upgrading to 5.1.1 are you....if you do it may be even *longer* of a wait to jailbreak.

If you have a 4S then do not go near iOS 5.1.1.

Plus a 4S cannot update with a custom iPSW. You will have to stay on 5.1.

If you're still on 5.0.1 you can dump your SHSH with iFatih and then restore a custom firmware with your stitched iFaith blobs. If Cydia said you had a 5.0.1 SHSH on file then you do, make sure in TinyUmbrella you check the "Request SHSH from Cydia" option under "advanced" before clicking "Save SHSH"

I have an iphone 4, and I used TinyUmbrella exactly as you just told me, and i didn't find any ios 5.0.1... But i found an ios 5.1 (which is weird because i never installed ios 5.1 on my iphone !) Should i try with iFaith or is this program only for iphone 4S ?

tuxben said:
I have an iphone 4, and I used TinyUmbrella exactly as you just told me, and i didn't find any ios 5.0.1... But i found an ios 5.1 (which is weird because i never installed ios 5.1 on my iphone !) Should i try with iFaith or is this program only for iphone 4S ?

You don't have to be on a certain iOS to save its SHSH blobs. A jailbroken device gets SHSH sed automatically for whatever iOS is being signed at the moment. A week or so from now, maybe 3, you will see SHSH for 5.1.1 even if you never been on that iOS.

And yes...you can use iFaith or Sn0wbreeze to stitch the SHSH blobs for 5.1 into a 5.1 iPSW.

iFaith and Sn0wbreeze only support iPhone 4 and lower. Restoring to custom iPSW requires you enter PWNED DFU mode before restoring, and PWNED DFU mode requires a bootrom(hardware) exploit. The 4S does not have a bootrom exploit.

The iPhone 4 does, so if the iPhone 4 is what you have I suggest you use Sn0wbreeze and select iFaith mode, then select the 5.1 SHSH. you will already be jailbroken after restore. Just sync music and apps and whatever then boot tethered with iBooty it will be extracted to your desktop upon completion of the iPSW.

Does iFaith would find the ShSH Blobs of iOS 5.0.1 that Tiny Umbrella could not find ?
Why is that shsh blobs not there ? I don't understand... Because if i can stay on ios 5.0.1, I prefer that, like that i still have the same baseband, and an untethererd jailbreak...

tuxben said:
Does iFaith would find the ShSH Blobs of iOS 5.0.1 that Tiny Umbrella could not find ?
Why is that shsh blobs not there ? I don't understand... Because if i can stay on ios 5.0.1, I prefer that, like that i still have the same baseband, and an untethererd jailbreak...

If you are on iOS 5.1 *now* then you can use iFaith to dump the 5.0.1 SHSH blobs that are currently on the device. iFaith makes its own different SHSH blond. They are not like Tiny Umbrella. iFaith saves them directly from the device, even if Apple is not signing it.

Then you can use those iFaith SHSH blobs to build a signed iPSW with with either iFaith or Sn0wbreeze.

Just open iFaith, and click "Dump SHSH Blobs" and follow the directions.

Yes, that worked (I already was on 5.0.1) ! As you said, it's actually pretty easy, just need to click on "dump..." and follow the instructions and it works !
I just have one question now... Is this "hack" a standalone method or does it depends to apple ? Same question under another form : Now, no matter what i do, i can still restore my iphone in 5.0.1, but will i still be able to restore my iphone in 5.0.1 in 1 year, 2 years, 5 years or even 10 years ?
Thank you very much !

tuxben said:
Yes, that worked (I already was on 5.0.1) ! As you said, it's actually pretty easy, just need to click on "dump..." and follow the instructions and it works !
I just have one question now... Is this "hack" a standalone method or does it depends to apple ? Same question under another form : Now, no matter what i do, i can still restore my iphone in 5.0.1, but will i still be able to restore my iphone in 5.0.1 in 1 year, 2 years, 5 years or even 10 years ?
Thank you very much !

You will *always* be able to restore to that 5.0,2 iPSW with that specific device forever.

why is *restore* between * ?
Could i restore to that 5.0.1 IPSW with same baseband even if i update to a new firmware ?
Can apple block the shift + restore option in itunes ? Because it's so usefull to downgrade...
Thank you !

Dude! Each device has its unique SHSH blobs, and no Cydia won't save it specifically for your device. It just fetches similar blobs, but they hardly work. Also, now once you make your device going, the first thing you should do is save the SHSH blob since iOS 5.1.1 is already out!, and may not be pleasant.

sidhantchadha said:
Dude! Each device has its unique SHSH blobs, and no Cydia won't save it specifically for your device. It just fetches similar blobs, but they hardly work. Also, now once you make your device going, the first thing you should do is save the SHSH blob since iOS 5.1.1 is already out!, and may not be pleasant.

That's crazy...

Of coarse Cydia fetches SHSH for your specific device. And they work FINE.

And there is nothing "unpleasant" about saving SHSH blobs. It easy all the way.

There are no "general" SHSH blobs...they are either for one device or another.