What's new

Help needed for revolutionary downgrade method

iSenseHacker

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Before saying that I am a troll, I am admitting that I have been posting this on other forums and have joined each forum just for this purpose. But please understand the importance of this first, before calling me a troll. I have found a major flaw when an iDevice updates with iTunes. I have been able to reverse this and downgrade. Although, this is without iTunes. In order to continue further development, I need, computer programmers, iPhone programmers/hackers, and people who have full access to iDevice’s and are able to test the downgrade program that will hopefully be created.

I have successfully been able to downgrade my iPhone 4 running IOS 5.1 by performing the method I created. Although it was dangerous and corrupted the firmware itself. This did brick my IPhone during reboot and after fixing it, sometimes my iPhone went into restore mode when reboot.

After these continuous problems I downgraded my IOS from 5.0.1 to 5.0 with my method and then with iTunes upgraded it to 5.0.1. After doing it with iTunes I no longer faced the problems which I had before (possibly due to the secure and safe method iTunes had used compared to mine). But I did encounter a few more lags than usual.

As you can see my method is highly unstable and cannot be released to the public at this time. I also managed to get permission and test it on two of my friends iPad 2 and iPhone 4S, who had mistakenly updated to IOS 5.1, and it also worked. Of course eventually they also received the same problems I did on my iPhone 4 but I was able to put there’s to the state my Iphone 4 was when it was upgraded from 5.0 to 5.0.1 with iTunes. I was overwhelmed with the results. I although have yet to test out A5X. But I believe that I will likely get the same result.

Unlike most downgrade method’s you see nowadays which either use exploit’s found iTunes, exploits in the codes of the ipsw that they are trying to downgrade from or by using SHSH blobs (which are really annoying to those who did not save them), mine uses none of the above. It is a completely new downgrade method.

After reading the last five paragraphs I bet you are just as excited as I am now. Well, in order for this to be a public release I need computer programmer’s, iPhone programmer’s/hackers. And finally people who are able to test it.
I have thought deeply of what is needed from iTunes and what is not and after putting it on paper, it should be simple for the iphone and computer programming/hacking genius’. If you are truly interested in contributing to this project and can help me out till the end, please shoot me a pm. I will not leave you out of the credits. This is an important breakthrough and can truly help those who need downgrades. I believe that this should be completed.

Basically, what I am saying is I need a team to complete my project for public release.

Thanks,
iSenseHacker

Well, I don't believe you, but that being said, if you truly have found a method to downgrade without the use of iTunes, you should contact semaphore on Twitter. He is the guy who makes TinyUmbrella for downdgrading and he has been working on making a standalone firmware downgrader for 3+ years.

He is @notcom on Twitter.

Very curious about this method.....

Last edited:
I too don't believe you, no offence. ;)

I don't think you understand what SHSH Blobs are and therefore why they cannot be bypassed. Folks have successfully managed to restore custom firmwares which do not include the necessary blobs in the past, however they cannot be made stable in any way shape or form. The reason they cannot be made stable is the fact that the blobs are not present. Blobs aren't just needed to install the firmware. Their presence in various parts of IOS also makes it work all the time. If you did manage to do what you said, the reason for your instability is the lack of blobs. I don't believe you'll be able to resolve them without blobs IMHO.

I'm with jmills87. I suggest contacting @notcom. He'll soon put you straight, and if you have discovered anything, he's the guy to complete your work for you.

Good luck with your project! :D