What's new

Tethered to Untethered jailbreak & update

XoKaty313Xo

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I currently have my iphone 4 ios 6.0.1 jailbroken using the latest version of redsn0w which is tethered. My question is, if I want to use the evasi0n untethered jailbreak do I need to totally restore my phone and undo the the tethered jailbreak to go to untethered? Will I lose all of my themes & cydia tweaks that I have now? Also, I'm still on ios 6.0.1 so, does that mean I will have to update as well if I do chose the the untethered jailbreak? Thanks for any help!!

Verizon Iphone 4
ios 6.0.1
Redsn0w 0.9.15b3

You can just untether your 6.0.1 if you don't feel like updating to 6.1.2. All you need to do is install the "evasi0n ios6 untether" package from Cydia, it won't erase anything.

Ok, thank you so much! I didn't want to lose everything I had & I really didn't want to update yet and take the chance of my cydia tweaks not working on the new iOS.

Just a quick question, do I download evasi0n untethered jailbreak to my computer or actually through cydia on my phone to untether my my jailbreak? Thanks again!!!

Through Cydia directly. Search up "Evasi0n Untether" and just install it. Respring or reboot your device right after.

You can just untether your 6.0.1 if you don't feel like updating to 6.1.2. All you need to do is install the "evasi0n ios6 untether" package from Cydia, it won't erase anything.

hi m using iphone 4g and its semi tethered, once its got rebooted so lost all cydia kinda apps. I cant untether it using cydia as u said. What shoud i do to make untethered from semitethered???

hi m using iphone 4g and its semi tethered, once its got rebooted so lost all cydia kinda apps. I cant untether it using cydia as u said. What shoud i do to make untethered from semitethered???

Boot tethered and then install the evasi0n untether package through Cydia.