What's new

JB VZW 4.2.7 to 4.2.8 - Not a valid IPSW

bodean

Reaction score
I've downloaded this IPSW 5 times, from 5 different sites. Using latest sn0wbreeze, 2.7.3.
I keep getting Not a valid IPSW. Any ideas?

If you are using a windows computer. When it downloads it saves it as a zip file. You will need to rename it to ipsw. If you have the name settings so you can see the ending just right click and then rename fro .zip to .ipsw. That is what I needed to do.

iPhone3,3_4.2.8_8E401_Restore.ipsw is the file name that was downloaded.

Managed to get it working, however using new itunes 10.3, when I follow the steps with sn0wbreeze, and I get into itunes, hit shift/restore, I keep getting

http://www.intelliot.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Screen-shot-2010-04-16-at-12.46.12-PM.png

The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1600)

If you are using a windows computer, go to this location on your computer:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username you use to login to windows>\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates
Remove the ipsw you will see in that folder to another location like your desktop and put in that folder the one made by snowbreeze. Now restore the iOS normally to your phone without the help of snowbreeze.

yes, I have windows 7 and it is on my desktop in a folder with a zipper on it. I right click on it and went to rename it as ispw, now what do I need to do thanks

yes, I have windows 7 and it is on my desktop in a folder with a zipper on it. I right click on it and went to rename it as ispw, now what do I need to do thanks

What tool are u planing to use to jailbreak your phone with?

snowbreeze and it is in a zip file on my desktop, I opened snowbreeze and I tried to drag it over to the snowbreeze window, but a circle shows with a line in the middle of it. thanks

you dont do it like that, you load sn0wbreeze and then browse for the .ipsw and load it that way otherwise it wont work as you have seen. then at the end you will have created a custom_ipsw that you restore to in itunes, probably would of been easier for you to use redsn0w in the method i showed you but what ever works for you.