What's new

sn0wbreeze ios 5 beta 7 jailbreaking

antisomnic

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with the jailbreaking process for iOS 5 beta 7.

I'm using sn0wbreeze and I can successfully generate a jailbroken ipsw but when I go to restore it using that ipsw in itunes it says It's unable to... error 2005. Can anyone help?

edit: Apparently the error number is different every time.

Last edited:
It's not clear from your explanation, you are putting the device into pnwd DFU mode using the iReb tool built into sn0wbreeze before you attempt the restore aren't you? You must do this. Normal DFU mode does not cut it...

It's not clear from your explanation, you are putting the device into pnwd DFU mode using the iReb tool built into sn0wbreeze before you attempt the restore aren't you? You must do this. Normal DFU mode does not cut it...

I actually didn't do that but I just did and I'm still getting the same error. Should I reboot it and put it into DFU mode again and then do iReb?

iReb is a tool that puts the device into a special DFU mode. It is available separately AND built into sn0wbreeze.
You must do this to allow iTunes to accept the custom firmware and apply it to the phone... Otherwise it will always fail.
Just run it and follow the instructions.

Hope that helps.

iReb is a tool that puts the device into a special DFU mode. It is available separately AND built into sn0wbreeze.
You must do this to allow iTunes to accept the custom firmware and apply it to the phone... Otherwise it will always fail.
Just run it and follow the instructions.

Hope that helps.

I used it and it's still not working. Same error. Don't know what's going on.

Error 2005 indicates it may be a USB issue. Try plugging it into a different port on your PC. Make sure you are not using a hub.

Error 2005 indicates it may be a USB issue. Try plugging it into a different port on your PC. Make sure you are not using a hub.

Well I changed usb ports and now I got error 1600

ok so i got it working. i downloaded ireb separately and it worked. now after i restored the backup itunes freezes every time it goes to sync. are ios 4 backups not compatible with ios 5? or what's going on?

antisomnic said:
ok so i got it working. i downloaded ireb separately and it worked. now after i restored the backup itunes freezes every time it goes to sync. are ios 4 backups not compatible with ios 5? or what's going on?

No one has had this problem?

I'm having the same problem with trying to update to the beta 6 or 7 I got to the restore part and it didn't work I'll try again but what did u do to get it to work for you and I'm doing it on an ipad

Ok cool. That's my problem then. Thanks for the help. They will be compatible when it's publicly released right?