What's new

Iphone 5 or iphone 5s?

asapryrysenn

Reaction score
Just thinking if I should get the iPhone 5 in march or I should wait until the iPhone 5s comes out? What do you guys think?
Also is the iPhone 5 good? because I hear that it has a lot of problems.

I have zero issues with my Jailbroken ip5....and nobody will be able to answer this as any info about the '5s' is merely speculation

The iphone 5s is just going to be a turbo'd 5. I dont forsee them changing the body, screen, button placement...well anything to the body at ALL. Same phone externally, maybe a new camera... definitely a new processor and gpu. Thats about it.

If they change out the body for something else(larger?). The EXTREME amount of accessories(that everyone LOVES) for the iphone will sharply decline. Same reason you dont see much in regards to accessories for the android phones. They burned alot of accessory makers when they changed to lightning(they didnt need to). So changing the phone again after one year(out of the norm) would REALLY hurt the accessory makers that plan on selling the cases (battery cases, waterproof cases), and what ever else that is iphone 5 specific for the 5s as well. Also most of the apps are finally updated to the screen size of the 5. Developers wouldnt be all that happy.

Basically, them changing the form of the new iphone that has yet to be released, would hurt us as consumers. Heck we dont even have apple certified battery cases shipping yet!

Ok....well, i think i got off subject, :)

If you dont want LTE or the larger screen wait for the 5s. Simple as that :) If you do, go get your self one.

I havent had any problems with my 5 so far.

Last edited:
The iphone 5s is just going to be a turbo'd 5. I dont forsee them changing the body, screen, button placement...well anything to the body at ALL. Same phone externally, maybe a new camera... definitely a new processor and gpu. Thats about it.

If they change out the body for something else(larger?). The EXTREME amount of accessories(that everyone LOVES) for the iphone will sharply decline. Same reason you dont see much in regards to accessories for the android phones. They burned alot of accessory makers when they changed to lightning(they didnt need to). So changing the phone again after one year(out of the norm) would REALLY hurt the accessory makers that plan on selling the cases (battery cases, waterproof cases), and what ever else that is iphone 5 specific for the 5s as well. Also most of the apps are finally updated to the screen size of the 5. Developers wouldnt be all that happy.

Basically, them changing the form of the new iphone that has yet to be released, would hurt us as consumers. Heck we dont even have apple certified battery cases shipping yet!

Ok....well, i think i got off subject, :)

If you dont want LTE or the larger screen wait for the 5s. Simple as that :) If you do, go get your self one.

I havent had any problems with my 5 so far.

Okay thanks:)

If you're relatively happy with what you have now, wait for the next version. If not, get the iP5 now.

I went ahead and upgraded already seeing as the 5s will more then likely be the same expect for spec wise but I'm happy with my 5 and don't plan on changing it till the 6

Slightly off of the subject. I am just getting into a smartphone for 1st time. I seem to like the size of the 4s vs 5 as well as the price. Would it be a dumb move to get a 4s today for two years?

Thanks

Slightly off of the subject. I am just getting into a smartphone for 1st time. I seem to like the size of the 4s vs 5 as well as the price. Would it be a dumb move to get a 4s today for two years?

Thanks
Not dumb at all. The 4S will still be supported, iOS software wise, for at least 2-3 more years. As well, the 4S is still an amazing iPhone that performs very well against equally specked smartphones.

Thanks

If you can afford it, the 5 would be a better purchase, as it will be supported for a longer time and has a mere advanced processor, camera and other internal differences. The choice, however, is yours.

Thanks. Do you think that I would notice a difference in voice quality both sending and receiving? Any real downside to 4s? It will be used mostly as an upgrade from flip phones ( which have great phone quality). Texting and pictures as well- some but not too much data, I am also concerned that the price will drop on the 4s and 5 fairly soon now- hate to get caught spending more than I need to. Voice quality is important.

Voice quality will more than likely be the same as long as you're using the same provider. You're not going to see an official price drop until the 5S is release. However; Walmart, Best Buy, "Authorized Retailers..." offer the 5 & 4S & slightly cheaper prices than Apple direct & wireless provider retailers.

If you paid a bit of attention to the 3GS upon its release up until the 4S's release, the 4S is its successor and equivalent. The 3GS is closing in to almost 4 years old from its original release date. Still, the 3GS is an extremely strong and popular device, especially in the Asian countries like Japan. 4 years on a single iPhone model. The 4S will definitely succeed the 3GS in longevity. Of course, the 5 will succeed the 4S in longevity considering it does have a stronger processor than the 4S as the 4S has over the 3GS. But the 4S will probably still be a pretty strong and popular device even if the 6 comes out and such unless Apple completely blows the sharks out of the water and impresses the world with something other than a stretch and such as we've seen in the 5.

I hate the bs with the s **** Stop trolling apple and just release a six.

Last edited by a moderator: