What's new

iPhone 5, worst iPhone yet?

I've had every model since the 3Gs and I don't see how anyone would think the 5 is the worst one..... They seem to get better every year. Hate to hear that people have problems with their purchase. I haven't experienced any problems with any of my phones. Hope all works out.

I read somewhere that someone had to switch out his iphone5 15 times before he got the perfect one. Granted, he was paying 700+ for his because it was unlocked. Don't know the whole story, but hearing that sounds pretty bad.

Scary. Quality control may have suffered due to high demands. For those who received defect free phone count yourself lucky.

Scary. Quality control may have suffered due to high demands. For those who received defect free phone count yourself lucky.

I don't know that that's the case. Again most I know don't have a problem. My husband is on iPhone 4S #3 and we are getting him a replacement for poor charging issues AGAIN. I have no issues with my 5. I love it!!

~iPhoneMommy~

Sent from my Black, 16GB, iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

And it's very likely the same quality control as before. I regard such Internet anecdotes as poor material for drawing such conclusions. Our iPhone 5s are fine, and I don't think we're lucky. I think the vast majority of people get perfectly fine phones. The tendency for only bad news to be reported on the Internet, whether it's from the Middle East, or a car or smartphone forum, is very well documented. Good news isn't, and most people who are satisfied with their purchases don't post in forums.

I love Apple, but to be honest with you guys, i think that iPhone 5 is the worst made iPhone yet, easy to scratch, many my friends had 3/4 replacements because lots of screen, buttons and other issues, infact i had 2 replacements and when i found that 3rd one was faulty i gave up and back to my 4S. I hope that my next iPhone (5S?) will be better than this.

"Them's fightin' words" honey, watch out... Lol.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

I have had mine for a week now and aside from a really tiny dent in the top there are no issues with mine. But because of the display iPhone 5 at the Sprint store having all the black anodizing coming off on the back from where it rubs on the display stand, I went with the white one. I have had the original iPhone the 3G, the 4, a 4S for a week, and now the 5 and the quality was excellent on the original and 4, 4S and 5 but shoddy on the 3G. The plastic shell kept cracking on me and I went through 3. I dropped my naked 4 once and chipped the glass on the back but overall they have endured as well if not better than my old Nokia 6100 series.

The tendency for only bad news to be reported on the Internet, whether it's from the Middle East, or a car or smartphone forum, is very well documented. Good news isn't, and most people who are satisfied with their purchases don't post in forums.
i have to agree with that,i'm sure most people are happy with their iphone 5......i am.

My brother has the iPhone 5 not a problem he's hd it since sept.
I'm going to upgrade I'm due for one than 3 more in march just so far I'm happy w the 4s... But can't see ip5 being faulty.
The only thing I wish it had was wireless charging lol BUT I have a mophie and that is good enough :)... My 18 cases (mophie,lifeproof,etch) is the reason I'm still on the 4s

I absolutely love my white iPhone 5. I got it in the mail a week after the released date and it still looks like new to this day, no problems whatsoever. Of course I take extra care w/ all my electronic things but to be on the safe side I have a clear case w/ the Zagg HD screen protector. Later on I plan to invest in a Lifeproof case or I might just settle for a Spigen Glas.tr screen protector instead.

Sent w/ aloha from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355307086.275266.jpg

This is 4g speed on iPhone 5 ipswich , Qld Australia Telstra LTE 4g network

I love the phone. Best iPhone ever
Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk in Australia