What's new

iPhone 5, worst iPhone yet?

I read somewhere that someone had to switch out his iphone5 15 times before he got the perfect one. Granted, he was paying 700+ for his because it was unlocked. Don't know the whole story, but hearing that sounds pretty bad.

Professor Xavier said:
I read somewhere that someone had to switch out his iphone5 15 times before he got the perfect one. Granted, he was paying 700+ for his because it was unlocked. Don't know the whole story, but hearing that sounds pretty bad.

Makes you wonder what his idea of perfection is! The failure rate of Apple equipment out of the box is negligible. You'd have to try pretty damned hard to get 15 on the run that were faulty in some way.

I think I would have stopped him at 13 and said "Unlucky 13. Go buy a Droid. Your business is not worth having."

Makes you wonder what his idea of perfection is! The failure rate of Apple equipment out of the box is negligible. You'd have to try pretty damned hard to get 15 on the run that were faulty in some way.

I think I would have stopped him at 13 and said "Unlucky 13. Go buy a Droid. Your business is not worth having."

Yeah that seems a little over kill LoL

~iPhoneMommy~

Sent from my Black, 16GB, iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

I have had my iPhone 5 since 9/21. Well, actually this is my second one but the reason I had to return the first one wasn't because of any of the reasons people say are a problem on the iPhone 5.

I don't use a screen protector, I have no scratches, I keep it in a leather case when I'm walking about with it but right now it's sitting butt naked on my marble coffee table. IMHO it's the best iPhone ever.

I like my Apple products. I have a iPhone 4, iPhone 5, and an iPad 2. They work well and get everything I want done. However, I think the OS is getting stale. Needs a refresh. Something new to keep my attention.

Ive had my iphone 5 since October, and the main botton seems to be clicking funny. I haven't had any screen or body issues because I have a good case, but do you think if the button has been acting kind of funky would that warrant a replacement?

Ive had my iphone 5 since October, and the main botton seems to be clicking funny. I haven't had any screen or body issues because I have a good case, but do you think if the button has been acting kind of funky would that warrant a replacement?
if you are near an Apple store pop in with it,if your home button is faulty then they will exchange it for you.

if you are near an Apple store pop in with it,if your home button is faulty then they will exchange it for you.

That kind of depends on how easy it is to "pop" into the store. The Apple Store in my area is a little difficult to access and I hate to think what it might be like right now.

It might be possible for you to get a replacement via phone. mwhartman, an admin in this forum gave me this link if you prefer internet.

PoisonIvy's suggestion is excellent, but for me I try to stay away from my Apple Store. :)

Correct me if im wrong but they made void the warrenty if youre phone is jailbroken
well it does strictly speaking but you can restore you phone back to a stock phone again.

News also says that The camera on iPhone5 is not as good as nokia Lumia 920, which have PureView technology, may be the most appearing thing is iPhone 5 runs on iOS6, there are no other operating system can compare to.
Anyway, I am afraid apple will lose its dominate [FONT=arial, sans-serif]position in the future.
[/FONT]$gsmarena_001.jpg[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I'm really surprise to read this. I have the new iPhone 5 for a month now, and the experience is great so far. I also had the iPhone 4 and this is one is so much better... It starts with the design and it ends on the battery capacity. I am really pleased with this phone. And the thing is, it's actually a better phone concerning the hardware as you can see in many specs on the ***Moderation Notice: Removed External Link Per Forum Rules!***. So, I'm sorry for your bad experience but for me, this is the best iPhone for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I'm really surprise to read this. I have the new iPhone 5 for a month now, and the experience is great so far. I also had the iPhone 4 and this is one is so much better... It starts with the design and it ends on the battery capacity. I am really pleased with this phone. And the thing is, it's actually a better phone concerning the hardware as you can see in many specs on the ***Moderation Notice: Removed External Link Per Forum Rules!***. So, I'm sorry for your bad experience but for me, this is the best iPhone for sure.

Can you compare the two for me?