What's new

iPhone 5, worst iPhone yet?

pepelino224

Reaction score
I love Apple, but to be honest with you guys, i think that iPhone 5 is the worst made iPhone yet, easy to scratch, many my friends had 3/4 replacements because lots of screen, buttons and other issues, infact i had 2 replacements and when i found that 3rd one was faulty i gave up and back to my 4S. I hope that my next iPhone (5S?) will be better than this.

That stinks you had such a bad experience. That is how my husband is with his 4s. He is on #3 and it's already having issues.

I haven't had any issues with my iPhone 5 yet. I got it yesterday and as soon as it was out of the box it went right in a case with a Zagg screen protector.

Sorry!

~iPhoneMommy~

Sent from my Black, 16GB, iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

Yes, that is unfortunate to hear- pepelino. Hopefully, your next new iPhone will be a better experience for you.

I have owned droid phones before owning my iPhone and have been pleased with the experience. Like iphonemommy, I made it a point to find a protective case for it. Haven't yet put a screen protector on it yet, but will soon!

I suppose the OP is saying that the original iPhone was better? How long did it take for the iPhone to even send SMS, that wasn't until the 3 IIRC.

iPhone 5 rocks OP, don't know what your issue is but I don't have one with mine.

The whole world knew about the scratch problem. Why wouldn't you immediately put a case on it other than wanting to be able to show off your new iPhone?

I've had my iPhone 5 for about 3 weeks and have no issues with it so far. I love this phone! However, a friend of mine received his yesterday and is taking it to the Apple Store because the home button is leaning to one side.

I haven't had any issues w/ my phone. iOS 6 hasn't been perfect on it. I still can't get audio alerts for facebook notifications. I had to delete and reinstall my email account to get that to work. I have a screen protector and an otterbox commuter case on it.

Is the phone worth it over the 4S? Not really. Bigger screen is nice. 4G is nothing great. I like the panorama camera.

See for the LTE service with VZW it was totally worth it. This thing flies!!

~iPhoneMommy~

Our iPhone 5s came out of the box Wednesday after the FedEx man delivered them, and by the time I was unpacking them the UPS man was delivering the Speck Candy Shell Grip cases and Aduro screen protectors. They went right on. So, I guess I'm not going to be able to complain about the finish, because I won't ever see it!

Seriously, all these things need cases, if only for protection against impact. Same thing with screen protectors for scratches.

Our iPhone 5s came out of the box Wednesday after the FedEx man delivered them, and by the time I was unpacking them the UPS man was delivering the Speck Candy Shell Grip cases and Aduro screen protectors. They went right on. So, I guess I'm not going to be able to complain about the finish, because I won't ever see it!

Seriously, all these things need cases, if only for protection against impact. Same thing with screen protectors for scratches.

That's what happened to me Wednesday. Got my speck case then went right to the Verizon store and got my 5 :)

~iPhoneMommy~

My son and I got ours on release day and we both love ours. He travels all over and is constantly on the go and has never had issues and mine works great too, no concerns. My phone was naked for a while, I was waiting for the Lifeproof but finally broke down and got something else and glad I did. Went with the Spigen glass screen and a bumper type case that had a back protection film, then I throw the phone in a WaterField case with clip. My phone has no scratches and it even took a nice ride off the top of my horse onto the ground prior to it having any protection, dusted it off and it was good to go. Will be getting another iPhone5 for my daughters line this month.