What's new

iPhone 5, worst iPhone yet?

I have to make a comment here if I may. The discussion is about iPhone 5 worst ever.

Please I state it is the opposite. Performance awesome
Easy to text and call using one hand
Wifi fast better than 3GS my previous ph
Battery life 8 hours medium use normal for smart phones settings must be adjusted to achieve this figure
Audio out loud and clear
New lightening connector much firmer connection adapter works with most devices including the parrot in car system
Siri awesome
Maps oh well personally not an issue
Tethering hotspot wifi works every time
Case I have mine covered I don't care what phone you have without a case it will be scratched
GPS works fine in Aussie land

Any issues for me non and yes we have owned every iPhone made in our house since the first iPhone

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk in Australia

I have to make a comment here if I may. The discussion is about iPhone 5 worst ever.

Please I state it is the opposite. Performance awesome
Easy to text and call using one hand
Wifi fast better than 3GS my previous ph
Battery life 8 hours medium use normal for smart phones settings must be adjusted to achieve this figure
Audio out loud and clear
New lightening connector much firmer connection adapter works with most devices including the parrot in car system
Siri awesome
Maps oh well personally not an issue
Tethering hotspot wifi works every time
Case I have mine covered I don't care what phone you have without a case it will be scratched
GPS works fine in Aussie land

Any issues for me non and yes we have had every iPhone made in our house

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk in Australia
have to say i agree with all that :)

Whilst I agree with the bump in performance and battery life on the 5, I do feel that Apple dropped the ball with regard to build quality. My 4s is about 7 months older than my 5 and with equal treatment (actually worse treatment) the 4s is in better condition.

I got my 5 on launch day and almost immediately it went into a case, unfortunately the softness of the aluminium means small scratches and marks are still appearing, in 2 and a half months it is starting to look scruffy while my 4s could probably still pass for new.

Apple do need to rethink the composition of the metal used for the case, it is too soft.

Maybe weight would become an issue if they used different metal other than aluminum?

Weight plus expense is what lead Apple to use aluminum. The real issue is not the aluminum itself but the anodizing process used to color it. You can anodize just about any metal and make it very hard to scratch, chip or whatever other word you want to use that would cause the paint to not look like new. Apple didn't choose to go that route because of cost. Which is why the issue currently exists. If Apple is smart the 5S will use a different anodizing process for the coloring so that is more resistant to wear.

Well my on/off button broke and apple replaced the phone and apparently the home buttons are failing too

Well my on/off button broke and apple replaced the phone and apparently the home buttons are failing too
I'm hard on the Home button... so, I already have a replacement button/ribbon cable assembly for my iP5 ready to install when mine bites it.