What's new

iPhone 4 Jailbreak

thats true but not the majority of people dont, im not complaining about it otherwise i would not be so exited to get one, an di would not have ordered 2 :D, im just saying i can understand why people do and there are a few apps i use with jailbreak that allows me to delete the apps i dont use like stock and weather and a few others like snes emu from zodttd and vlc..

O yea like i said i have done all mine and there are some neat apps. One other thing thats going to hamper the jailbreak thing is the limited data plans....The ones that were not lucky enough to get into the $30 plan....no more hacked free tethering.....ouch thats gotta hurt..lol

heh ouch! i was also told by some after they jailbroke their itunes would pop up with a message telling them to restore and give them problems, i never had the 3gs.

I have jailbroke all my iStuff and never had a problem except when I ran to many background apps. I will always JB when possible as long as Apple doesn't allow blocking calls like iBlacklist does. Its my phone, not Apple's. I will do as I like with it after I pay for it. Mine, not Stevie's.

no we should be able to put what we want, but apple does have some good reasons for not wanting some apps/games on there. like installous? what happens when every one freely installs that and gets cracked app store apps?

O yea like i said i have done all mine and there are some neat apps. One other thing thats going to hamper the jailbreak thing is the limited data plans....The ones that were not lucky enough to get into the $30 plan....no more hacked free tethering.....ouch thats gotta hurt..lol

Hopefully, the iPhone 4 will be jailbroken to allow tethering with the "old" unlimited plan. I hate to fork over an additional $15 to AT&T to tether!!!

i used to jailbreak all the time, now im not sure i will even bother with my iphone 4 to jailbreak it

i like the jailbreak for 2 reasons witch apple fixed one tethering but there is a app name iblacklist i miss that app

i like the jailbreak for 2 reasons witch apple fixed one tethering but there is a app name iblacklist i miss that app

Really? What does it do?

I used to install every jail break app you can think of... Lol well most of them I was beta tester fir zodttd, dunno if my username still works there but some sweet apps o could not go with out. Mainly summer/winterboard and sbsettings ssh vlc nes snes installous, and a tone more. Now it just seems like toomuch hassle to even think of jail breaking it

never had an iphone - so am a newbie to all this... what the heck is jailbreaking and unlocked, etc that I keep seeing?

never had an iphone - so am a newbie to all this... what the heck is jailbreaking and unlocked, etc that I keep seeing?

Pretty much it let's you install apps not approved by apple. I would not recommend it ...mostly because ios now has some of the most popular jailbreak features.. Folders and wallpapers.... Most of the apps eat battery and crash. Aside from all that some still like the freedom... Or need the jailbreak/unlock to use it on another carrier like verizon..

There is an app called mywi which lets you tether your iphone as a wifi hotspot over 3G. No monthly fees, no extra tethering fees, you just pay for the app and you're free to tether your phone all you want. (well, up to your monthly data allowance) This alone is worth jailbreaking to me. I also have neat little SMS app that let's me reply without switching apps.

apple dont like jailbreakers because they install apps like installous and download cracked app store apps and add features apple dont want to enable yet, like the 3g you can enable multi tasking when apple says the hardware is not capable of handling it and tones more things like nes snes emulators and sbsettings and it really opens the iphones wings up when you jailbreak. but it is a lot of hassle, i remember i used to jailbreak and have installer now they are always adding some new thing like rock or ice and cydia is now the one every one uses, or is it rock? i dont know..

unlock you can use any sim, but once you upgrade fw you lose the unlock and have to wait for a new tool to unlock the phone

Jail breaking your iPhone is gold to say the least. Not only do you have more capabilities but you have the power to enhance your phone in any way.

yeah i used to change icon pictures for everything animated backgrounds on the springboard sbsettings enabled me to do much more. delete those shitty apps apple put as standard that i will NEVER use like stocks? weather? wtfrig? there is even an app to backup your jailbreak apps.. making your own themes, i wonder if os 4 lets you put animated themes now? but anyway jailbreak makes the phone so much better but apple pretend its to do with hacked apps and games and sharing mp3s.. but really its so they make more from itunes. i wish i would be able to select a mp3 and put set as ringtone or sms tone, i used to love changing my sms tone which apple for some reason dont want you to change, simple things that today i dont care about changing, and medevils ripp off bluetooth send receive app.. if it wasent so much hassle id do it again on my iphone 4