What's new

iPhone 4 Jailbreak

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Currently the iPhone OS 4 can be jailbroken, do you think Apple will have a patch for that before the iPhone 4 is released?

Currently the iPhone OS 4 can be jailbroken, do you think Apple will have a patch for that before the iPhone 4 is released?

The question is will they have a new built in way to block jailbreaking like they did with the latest iphone 3GS.

If so it may be a few weeks/months before we see a jailbreak on iPhone 4.

I thought for sure they would have it patched up before the actual release. Maybe with Android gaining so much popularity, they'll leave it semi-open :)

i think that is a Q not able to be answered until dev team or other people who hack the device out there take a look at it, personally i think apple give us less reasons to need jailbreak and some only do it for the unlock which wont be needed as sim free iphones become more available, features like bluetooth send recieve that apple will never enable for reasons none other then more itunes money. and being able to change sms tone or ssh and delete them icons never used like weather? stocks? personally i never use them

but small things like that and also apps and games like nes emulators from zodttd and vlc i bet would work pretty well on the iphone 4 i bet they will hack it quickly like the 3gs

I thought for sure they would have it patched up before the actual release. Maybe with Android gaining so much popularity, they'll leave it semi-open :)

i think thats why dev team are holding off releasing a 3.1.3 jailbreak? not sure i traded my 3g for a nokia and have not jailbroke anything since the days of winpwn and when redsn0w was new

Yes you are right and in hear my area people are prefer Android OS phones more but I have no doubt, Apple will do something before release.

the main problem when iw as jailbreaking for dev team where the baseband updates and their tools would enable you to stop it form updating the baseband with pwnage tool, and i was reading something about the 3gs was a little more complicated to jailbreak if you had your codes or something? or bought it after x date you could not jailbreak? they will always find a way until apple ive people less and less reason to do it and when hardly any one will want a jailbreak

I can only hope for 2 things...
1. iPHone 4 can be jailbroken so I can use just ONE app that is not available in the app store
2. Apple will sell the app I use daily in the App store, make money off it and I will be happy!

BTW, the app is iBlackList. Its an app to "block" calls/texts from a "blacklist" of contacts you setup. If/when a contact calls/texts you with the app activated, it stores all the calls/texts in the app its self and is not visible in your SMS or call logs. Very helpful in some instances.

I can only hope for 2 things...
1. iPHone 4 can be jailbroken so I can use just ONE app that is not available in the app store
2. Apple will sell the app I use daily in the App store, make money off it and I will be happy!

BTW, the app is iBlackList. Its an app to "block" calls/texts from a "blacklist" of contacts you setup. If/when a contact calls/texts you with the app activated, it stores all the calls/texts in the app its self and is not visible in your SMS or call logs. Very helpful in some instances.

what app is that? and i think the iphone will always be able to be jailbroken, it gets harder every iphone to be jailbroken but never impossible

one app i miss is the one you can change the boot logo. logoMe that has not worked since 2.XX firmware

the thing about jailbreak apps is they stop working with every new firmware so the develop[ers have to keep porting it to the new firmware and some eventually stop and i get bored of having to look for the app every time, there was a backup jailbreak app a while ago but im told it was not good so i never installed it, well i did but i never used it i should say lol

I have jailbroken each of my devices at some point 2g/3g/3gs...I always go back to non-jailbroken because over time it tends to use more battery. I understand if you have a special app you use ect.. it might be worth it. I think apple will always fight to keep it closed because that is what makes it so fast and easy to use. I also see they are fighting the jailbreak crowd by adding a few features such as folders,backgrounds.

yeah but there is some things they will never add that jailbreakers want, and who are apple to tell me what ic an and cannot install on my phone? you dont hear nokia or ever phone make trying to tell you what to install. and simple things apple refuse to allow. i for one will always jailbreak but i have much less reason to and would rather i did not have to jailbreak but apple leave me no choice

Its apples phone....they build it they sell it...they tell you what you can put on it. Just that simple you dont like it go away. It will always be like that. Its funny so many people complain about it yet.....wow 600,000 in a day i dont see any android phones selling like that....