What's new

ipod 4 jailbreak question

ccohen6410

Reaction score
I know this forum is for iphones but I have an ipod 4 jailbreak question (an ipod 4 is basically an iphone). Anyway, I was given an ipod 4 by my brother and it is jailbroken on 4.2 (i believe its 4.2 but may be 4.3). Anyway, i want to keep an untethered jailbreak but upgrade to an os 5 firmware to get some of the os 5 benefits and also to download certain apps that require ios5. How do i upgrade the jailbroken ipod 4 on ios4 and what is the highest ios5 firmware that allows an untethered jailbreak? Thanks so much

You can't preserve your jailbreak while upgrading the iOS. And iOS upto 5.0.1 supports jailbreak, untethered. 5.1 and later supports tethered one.

can i still upgrade to ios 5.0.1 on my ipod and then re-jailbreak? Just want to upgrade to ios 5 and still be able to jailbreak my ipod. Thanks for the help. Maybe i phrased everything wrong but i would like to upgrade to an ios 5 version that allows for an untethered jailbreak and then re-jailbreak the ipod 4 if possible.

can i still upgrade to ios 5.0.1 on my ipod and then re-jailbreak? Just want to upgrade to ios 5 and still be able to jailbreak my ipod. Thanks for the help. Maybe i phrased everything wrong but i would like to upgrade to an ios 5 version that allows for an untethered jailbreak and then re-jailbreak the ipod 4 if possible.

You can only upgrade to 5.0.1 if you have 5.0.1 SHSH blobs. You have to check the top of Cydia's home page, or Tiny Umbrella.