What's new

jailbroken iphone 4

parks

Reaction score
oright guys.. i need drastic help. i have an iphone 4 version 4.2

i jailbroken it with no problems using green poison. BUT, i plugged the iphone into my laptop, itunes opened up, and said there was an apple update. i never thought anything of it, so i clicked update. it only upgraded my firmware to 4.3 and i'v lost all my jailbroken apps and stuff. is there anyway i get my jailbrake back? iv devastated :(

Unfortunately apple still hasn't taken to the whole jailbreaking scene yet. Lol.

Everytime you upgrade or restore your phone you loose the jailbreak and everything that comes with it. Also everytime a new update is made a new jailbreak has to be made for it.

So unless you've saved your SHSH's via tinyumbrella or pressed the 'male my life easier' button in cydia you will have to wait until the new jailbreak is ready...

Unfortunately apple still hasn't taken to the whole jailbreaking scene yet. Lol.

Everytime you upgrade or restore your phone you loose the jailbreak and everything that comes with it. Also everytime a new update is made a new jailbreak has to be made for it.

So unless you've saved your SHSH's via tinyumbrella or pressed the 'male my life easier' button in cydia you will have to wait until the new jailbreak is ready...

yes m8 i can say i did click on 'make my life easier' in cydia

so is there a way of getting it back. do you no when the new jailbreak 4.3 version wil be released?

Thats good then. So you will need downgrade to 4.2.1 to get the jailbreak back. Here's how on XP

Go to C:Windows/System32/drivers/etc on and open the hosts file in notepad. At the bottom on a new line copy and paste this...

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

Then download the 4.2.1 firmware for the iPhone 4 here.

Once that's done put your iPhone into DFU mode. Use greenpoison to guide you through it and plug your phone into iTunes. It should detect your phone in DFU and tell you to restore it. Hold shift on your keyboard while clicking on restore and show iTunes the ipsw you just downloaded. At the end you may get an error 'could not restore iphone' this is normal. Just use tiny umbrella to kick it out of recovery.

If you've clicked the make my life easier button you should be on 4.2.1 and able to get an untethered jailbreak with greenpoision. If not you will need to restore again normally to 4.3...

if there is going to be a jb for version 4.3 i'l wait

I tried to jailbreak my new verizon iphone. I downloaded blackra1n it did its thing i plugged in the phone and got the message waiting for device then then microsoft screen comes up saying there was a problem do i want to report the error to microsoft. What did i do wrong and how do i fix it. I want to get in cydia so can someone please tell me step by step what i did wrong and how to fix it. thanks

I tried to jailbreak my new verizon iphone. I downloaded blackra1n it did its thing i plugged in the phone and got the message waiting for device then then microsoft screen comes up saying there was a problem do i want to report the error to microsoft. What did i do wrong and how do i fix it. I want to get in cydia so can someone please tell me step by step what i did wrong and how to fix it. thanks

wel first of all go to settings, general, about, then look at ur ''version'' i was running 4.2 i jailbroke using greenpois0n without any problems. if our version is 4.3 then you cant jailbrake yet. i didnt know not to ''upgrade'' from 4.2 to 4.3 until a jailbrake for 4.3 was released so i lost my jailbrake and everthing with it. if however you are using version 4.2 then if you jailbrake using greenpois0n, just google a step by step how to do it.

eg. ''step by step jailbrake guide using greenpois0n version 4.2''

im still learning with my iphone, but im sure a pro like gaz can help u better