What's new

iPhone 4 Jailbreak

never had an iphone - so am a newbie to all this... what the heck is jailbreaking and unlocked, etc that I keep seeing?

Pretty much it let's you install apps not approved by apple. I would not recommend it ...mostly because ios now has some of the most popular jailbreak features.. Folders and wallpapers.... Most of the apps eat battery and crash. Aside from all that some still like the freedom... Or need the jailbreak/unlock to use it on another carrier like verizon..

verizon is cdma

... and most of the popular jailbreak apps never crashed on me unless I do something stupid.

yeah but there is some things they will never add that jailbreakers want, and who are apple to tell me what ic an and cannot install on my phone? you dont hear nokia or ever phone make trying to tell you what to install. and simple things apple refuse to allow. i for one will always jailbreak but i have much less reason to and would rather i did not have to jailbreak but apple leave me no choice
I agree totally, there is so much potential for this phone but apple dictates what we as consumers can and cannot add to this phone. It is too bad, but to be able to use this tele to it's fullest, it must be jail broken. So as soon there is clean JB app. out please lemme know or post or however things get passed along - this is my first day here....Thanks

Jailbreaking is the key... Having iFile and Activator alone, gives you the ability to switch icons for apps, lets you swipe from different directions and get different results or programs to open, there is just sooo much that can be done to personalize 'your' own phone. I can see how unlocking your tele is not so ethical, but to open it up to utilize what it can actually do - I see J.B. as predominately a cosmetic change of the phone and such - which since we did buy it etc.... Can we not paint the walls of our own home, even in an apartment which is not ours, it is fine to paint it, however knocking down a wall is a different story when it comes to an apartment...

... and most of the popular jailbreak apps never crashed on me unless I do something stupid.
really? like what? mine never crashed even on the 2007 iphone even with backgrounder and every other app.

yeah but there is some things they will never add that jailbreakers want, and who are apple to tell me what ic an and cannot install on my phone? you dont hear nokia or ever phone make trying to tell you what to install. and simple things apple refuse to allow. i for one will always jailbreak but i have much less reason to and would rather i did not have to jailbreak but apple leave me no choice
I agree totally, there is so much potential for this phone but apple dictates what we as consumers can and cannot add to this phone. It is too bad, but to be able to use this tele to it's fullest, it must be jail broken. So as soon there is clean JB app. out please lemme know or post or however things get passed along - this is my first day here....Thanks

i think one of the reasons is stability with the amount of complaints they would get for people who dont know what they are doing, and also of course something they can add to newer upgrades of the phone and make people want it lol, but i should be able to install all these things if i want, the good thing is that the apple staff steve and the other fat guy whats his face called they jailbreak a test phone and see what users really want and some things which have high request they add it and some no matter how high will never allow it, for reasons im sure apple lie about.

hmm, I just read the news that hacksugar: iPhone 4 jailbreak accomplished but not ready for public release on tuaw yesterday, Buy I suppose the release maybe need some time.

im sure it wont be long, the 3gs did not take long either but, there where complications you had to save something i dont remember exactly as i never had the 3gs

I think I said jailbroken apps never crash. It wasn't a sarcasm.

i want my iphone4 jailbroken but it look like i have to whait