What's new

iphone 4 battery help

stickerhappy85

Reaction score
hi! i'm new in this forum! hope i'm welcome here. btw, i just recently bought an iphone 4 white yesterday. i noticed that my battery drains so fast. advises were to turn off wifi when not in use, 3g off, decrease screen brightness, ping disabled etc. and so i did. i almost turned off everything but still same result. i read that the battery last 8-10hrs surfing, 300hrs in sleep mode. i'm not sure though. should i replace this and get a new one? or are there any solutions for this? after charging for 2 hours, the battery only lasted for 3-5hours, not heavy used. even in lock mode, battery percentage decreases by 1% every 3-5minutes. is that normal? anyone? pls help. my iphone 4 version is 4.3.3. not jailbrk
tnx in advance

stickerhappy85 said:
hi! i'm new in this forum! hope i'm welcome here. btw, i just recently bought an iphone 4 white yesterday. i noticed that my battery drains so fast. advises were to turn off wifi when not in use, 3g off, decrease screen brightness, ping disabled etc. and so i did. i almost turned off everything but still same result. i read that the battery last 8-10hrs surfing, 300hrs in sleep mode. i'm not sure though. should i replace this and get a new one? or are there any solutions for this? after charging for 2 hours, the battery only lasted for 3-5hours, not heavy used. even in lock mode, battery percentage decreases by 1% every 3-5minutes. is that normal? anyone? pls help. my iphone 4 version is 4.3.3. not jailbrk
tnx in advance

Welcome to the forums. Sticker, yes you are welcome here. Now your phone is ok. Give your battery about a week to adjust. You're alright no trade in needed

tnx much for the quick response sir!! i hope this would work fine after 1 week. tnx!

Turn off all "Push" notifications in settings. "Push" will check for updates to e-mail, messages, etc. constantly, running down the battery. Check every programs settings and turn "Push" off. Turn off everything in "Locations". Only use the "Push" settings and "Locations" settings when you really need them. The easiest way is to turn off "Notifications" and "Locations" in settings. And, yes, the battery will get somewhat better after a few charge/discharge cycles.

Last edited:
Turn off all "Push" notifications in settings. "Push" will check for updates to e-mail, messages, etc. constantly, running down the battery. Check every programs settings and turn "Push" off. Turn off everything in "Locations". Only use the "Push" settings and "Locations" settings when you really need them. The easiest way is to turn off "Notifications" and "Locations" in settings. And, yes, the battery will get somewhat better after a few charge/discharge cycles.

Yes, that's exactly what i did. i even closed all the running apps in the background by double tapping the home button etc. now i left my phone 10hrs in sleep mode and from 18% it went down to 12%. i think there's a little improvement? but when i turned it on with normal usage, in no less than 30 mins from 12% it went all the way down to 3%. is that normal too?:) tnx

btw, just want to ask regarding itunes. i purchased apps in itunes using my phone. 1st download went smooth. now i'm trying to get another apps. it's a game actually. maybe because of my internet connection the download seems to reset and everytime i try to tap the icon to run/load it it always ask for my itunes password. i'm worried that they might charge me everytime i attempt to load the game again to install it?tnx