What's new

iPhone 4 battery issue

sdavey92

Reaction score
I just bought a brand new iPhone 4 on Tuesday from Virgin Mobile and updated it with the latest software (I think it's iOS 4.3.3?) and have notice that the battery is terrible, it's probably worst then my really old iPhone 3G. I have 3G turn off pretty much all the the time, I turned off ping and EQ. I only have push for Facebook and eBay. I only have location on for Facebook, maps and compass and my brightness. I only have 1 email account added and I have fetch data manually. My battery is at 80% right now with 9 hours standby (on airplane mode) and 1hr 35min of usage, it's that normal for an iPhone 4?

Oh and I've also tried restoring the phone but it hasn't helped. And I close all apps in multitasking

My usage at 20% with a 5 day old iPhone 4, is that normal?

Attachments

• $image-348496081.jpg
    $image-348496081.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 371
Your battery is awesome I said. You have a good battery there.

Really? Because it's actually most than my iPhone 3G which was second hand. It doesn't even last a day and that with 3G turned off.

Really? Because it's actually most than my iPhone 3G which was second hand. It doesn't even last a day and that with 3G turned off.

What doesn't last a day? Your 3g or your iPhone 4?
You see... You can have a full charge battery and kill the battery life after 4h, or 5h or after 8h or after a day or two. Everything depend on how you use the phone, what you use it for, and what the phone is runing in the background. Whatever settings you made for your phone, or however you use the phone, with that battery screenshot you've post there, I think is pretty good battery life as the stand by time is considerable.

My iPhone 4 doesn't last longer than a day with 3G turned off. Also standby shouldn't use much battery at all considering I have it on airplane mode and have no apps running in the background. And I always remove apps from multitasking.

My iPhone 4 doesn't last longer than a day with 3G turned off. Also standby shouldn't use much battery at all considering I have it on airplane mode and have no apps running in the background. And I always remove apps from multitasking.

So what do you think should be your battery life with the settings you have?

Last night it was on 1% for 10hrs usage and 15hrs standby, is that standard?