What's new

Replacement Battery Problems

DanRoss

Reaction score
I lost the back of my iPhone 4 about 6 months now and I never really thought about replacing it. The battery was exposed but I put a case on it and never really took much notice of it. 6 months later, I took the case off to clean it and the battery fell straight out. The small conductive ribbon which connects the battery unit to the silver connector ripped and I had to get a replacement. I ordered a cheap (£5.99) replacement battery from eBay hoping that would fix it but I had no luck.

My iPhone started shutting down after several minutes. I had the 'Infinite Reboot' problem where it just kept rebooting continuously. It would only turn on when I connected it to the wall charger. It was still rebooting after about 2-5 minutes and coming back on again. Then I noticed the battery percentage dropped to 1% and it remained like this after hours of charging.

I tried doing the hard reset (holding the Home and Lock button). Still no luck. I resorted to restoring my phone to Factory Settings. This was successful... for about 24 hours. It shut down on me and went back into the continuous loop of rebooting itself.

I contacted the replacement battery company. They kindly sent me a new battery for free. Once again, still no luck. I had the same problems with the first replacement battery I bought. However, I did notice some small changes compared to the first battery. It remained functioning for longer but it was still shutting down on me after a few minutes. I turned it off and left it charging for several hours. When I turned it on again I had full battery. It worked for about 3-4 hours before restarting itself again!

As you can imagine this is a very annoying and confusing problem. I have searched all over the Internet for answers but nothing has worked thus far. Believe me, I have tried everything imaginable to try resurrect my phone. I am hoping someone out their will help me at least.

Thanks
PS. I have attached a Puush image link of the panic.plist error message if it helps.
http://puu.sh/4ZnO3/3d3b0a6967.png

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 552
Critical NAND error from the looks of it. It's displaying UT, which is almost always a NAND issue. Make sure that all components are where they belong with respect to the logic board as well as battery ground, etc. I'd suggest getting a rear housing to replace the original as well. Make sure it's the GSM back housing and not the CDMA as they're different

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

I forgot to mention I bought a new rear housing too. It still doesn't work with or without the housing attached.

Looks like I'm going to have to go to the Apple Store and try to get a replacement.

Thanks anyway

It depends on the scrutiny of the Genius. If they take it apart, they'll definitely know that you've fiddled with the device with just the battery adhesive alone.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk