What's new

Iphone 4 battery on 4.3.3

I did a reset but then made sure charge was upto full so if get correct readings

Can people attach there usage page up? Compare with mine!?

I did the hard reset but it still drains very quickly. I have everything turned off and updated to the latest redsnow update but of no use. We dont have an apple center close by. Dont know what to do 

Thank you for the tips to help lower battery usage for the Iphone 4. Mine was draining very fast.

if you dont use wifi or bluetooth much i suggest you turn them off because they drain you battery like mad.also try turning the brightness down a bit because thats a battery drainer to, i hope this helps :)
2 months ago

Ok so. Charged my phone over night was on 100% at 8am. Got to work for 8.45 battery was at 97% 9.15 not much browsing and not much texting all location and notifications turned off. did a hard phone reset and come back on battery had jumped up to 99%?? found that bit odd. So after a day in work not using my phone that much. Odd text and odd mail check. And here is my usage at 7.10 pm

Your battery is good, i don't see any issue here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly :)

I can't complain about the battery life on 4.2.8 . I came from an android phone and it would get 8 hours if it was on standby and little use, 5 hours if I called and talked for 30 min, and sent some texts. I get an average of 5 hours of use and 20 hours of standby. Compared to my droid this is awesome battery life. I keep everything on, 3g, notifications whatever I use.

Battery on 4.3.3 is good enough for me as it would last 1 to 2 days plus 5 hours if on total standby and minimal game play :)

Hi,

Im on 4.3.3

I use my internet heavily thro the day and make a few calls and send approx 10-15 texts a day.

I normally need to charge the battery every 1-2 days which is normal compared to nearly all the smartfones out there.

I wonder if the battery will last more than a day with a combo of wifi usage plus 2-3 short phone calls plus excessive texting? xD

I wonder if the battery will last more than a day with a combo of wifi usage plus 2-3 short phone calls plus excessive texting? xD

Depend on how you set your brightness and what is pushing or fetching in the background, depend on if Bluetooth is spinning or not, depend on you cellular signal reception bars if they are at 1-2 bars or full 5bars, and many more, and with a normal setting, you should be able to go about 10h of usage time.

Wow. Interesting. I have a new white iphone 4 less than a month old. It was shipped OTB with 4.3.3. I have it jailbroken with redsnow.

I purchased new headhones yesterday, (skullcandy titans $40 @ BestBuy), and I listened to cds all day today! I ran the iphone's ipod from 7am till 230pm working on the golf course today. 30 mins off for lunch and several phone calls and assorted 5 min conversations but I listened to cds for roughly 6 hours and had 73% battery when I got home at 4 and have 63% now at 515pm using a bluetooth headset since getting home..bluetooth sux the power but as far as listening to music, I've never seen a better battery! Ever! Earlier iphone generations (ipods too) NEVER had this kind of life..

I cant believe it after today. I noticed the last couple of weeks mybattery stays fully charged all day but the test was today...Buying the better quality (more expensive lol) earbuds allowed me to turn the phones volume down from max 4 notches.. Thats a first, too! Always used full volume with the music function no matter what phone I had..Android or the earlier iphones..I thought the $20 koss earbuds were fine but THERE IS A DIFFERENCE. This, I'm sure, saved battery power, too.

Amazing battery. Best of any phone, (with MY usage habits, of course).

I'm envying you my friend because I'll be lucky to have 50% charge after 6 hours of the phone being idle. Just hurts to know that my iphone's battery life sucks. I think I know what the problem is for people with iphones like mine. My service provider uses 3.5G network instead of 3G and that consumes a lot of battery life. There is an app in cydia named Auto3G that is quite amazing to save battery life. What it does is it changes the phone network to EDGE when locked and back to 3G when unlocked and that worked really well for me. This also has its cons because when people try to call you while the phone is on EDGE, they sometimes get that your phone is off because they cant reach you. I dont know, these are my personal views so anyone with more knowledge and experience is most welcomed to share.

Wow. Interesting. I have a new white iphone 4 less than a month old. It was shipped OTB with 4.3.3. I have it jailbroken with redsnow.

I purchased new headhones yesterday, (skullcandy titans $40 @ BestBuy), and I listened to cds all day today! I ran the iphone's ipod from 7am till 230pm working on the golf course today. 30 mins off for lunch and several phone calls and assorted 5 min conversations but I listened to cds for roughly 6 hours and had 73% battery when I got home at 4 and have 63% now at 515pm using a bluetooth headset since getting home..bluetooth sux the power but as far as listening to music, I've never seen a better battery! Ever! Earlier iphone generations (ipods too) NEVER had this kind of life..

I cant believe it after today. I noticed the last couple of weeks mybattery stays fully charged all day but the test was today...Buying the better quality (more expensive lol) earbuds allowed me to turn the phones volume down from max 4 notches.. Thats a first, too! Always used full volume with the music function no matter what phone I had..Android or the earlier iphones..I thought the $20 koss earbuds were fine but THERE IS A DIFFERENCE. This, I'm sure, saved battery power, too.

I'm envying you my friend because I'll be lucky to have 50% charge after 6 hours of the phone being idle. Just hurts to know that my iphone's battery life sucks. I think I know what the problem is for people with iphones like mine. My service provider uses 3.5G network instead of 3G and that consumes a lot of battery life. There is an app in cydia named Auto3G that is quite amazing to save battery life. What it does is it changes the phone network to EDGE when locked and back to 3G when unlocked and that worked really well for me. This also has its cons because when people try to call you while the phone is on EDGE, they sometimes get that your phone is off because they cant reach you. I dont know, these are my personal views so anyone with more knowledge and experience is most welcomed to share.

WOW thats really bad with my phone at idle for 6 hours i will lose 1 to 2%