What's new

Battery drain on 4.3.3

Omarsafadi

Reaction score
My 3GS running 4.3.3 battery is draining like crazy.. i tried a lot of stuff.. turning off edge and 3G, notifications, location, i even got rid of the spotlight search cz i read that it helps a little bit.. but still.. it only lasts for 1 day at the top...for example if i play Real Racing 2 for 5 minutes it drops more than 10%.. any solutions ?

I had this happen last week, and was a bit distraught! So I searched around this forum, and found a lot of great posts and suggestions. Basically I keep location services and notification services turned off unless I need them. Also, I keep my email off unless I want to check. I'm lucky in that I don't have to check email right away... most of the stuff I get is just fluff anyway!

Also, what helps alot, I think is to double tap your home button. You will see all the apps that are either still running or that you've recently used. You can press one and hold it until the start quivering and you see little red x's. Press the X's on any that you want to stop running. Turn off Facebook, gas buddy, tv guide, games, etc. This does not remove them from your phone... but it stops them from using more battery power.

Since doing this, I've only had to charge my phone every other day. It's made a HUGE HUGE difference. So do a search on battery drain, and you'll find all sorts of suggestions!

Good luck! :)

I had this happen last week, and was a bit distraught! So I searched around this forum, and found a lot of great posts and suggestions. Basically I keep location services and notification services turned off unless I need them. Also, I keep my email off unless I want to check. I'm lucky in that I don't have to check email right away... most of the stuff I get is just fluff anyway!

Also, what helps alot, I think is to double tap your home button. You will see all the apps that are either still running or that you've recently used. You can press one and hold it until the start quivering and you see little red x's. Press the X's on any that you want to stop running. Turn off Facebook, gas buddy, tv guide, games, etc. This does not remove them from your phone... but it stops them from using more battery power.

Since doing this, I've only had to charge my phone every other day. It's made a HUGE HUGE difference. So do a search on battery drain, and you'll find all sorts of suggestions!

Good luck! :)

dude i told u i'm running 4.3.3 i already know what multitasking is all about :p i'm just wondering if there's a tweak or app from cydia that can help.. or other things as well.. but thank you anyway lol... enjoy

Let the battery drain out completely till the phone off, then let it charge back till full charge, that might help

I've just seen a similar post on the iPad forums. The solution was to go into Settings> Restrictions, then turn off PING.
Not sure whether it will work for the iPhone, but one can try!