What's new

Battery drain issue

mpossoff

Reaction score
I restored my iPhone as new twice to original 4.3.3 with iFaith because of battery issue. Seems like my battery is draining fast. At 2:30 pm today I was at 16%. After constant usage it went down to 8% in about 10 minutes.

My iPhone is jb'ed with only one Cydia app, gv phone extension. It's jb'ed with jailbreakme.com

Since I restored as new twice and don't see a difference what else can I do?

We'll assume you are doing all the right things, i.e. closing programs, manually updating email, not leaving WIFI on needlessly, etc.. (you are a senior member, lol)

Sounds to me like a faulty battery...Have u tried just restoring to just the original 4.3.3 OTB? ...not sure about iFaith..

We'll assume you are doing all the right things, i.e. closing programs, manually updating email, not leaving WIFI on needlessly, etc.. (you are a senior member, lol)

Sounds to me like a faulty battery...Have u tried just restoring to just the original 4.3.3 OTB? ...not sure about iFaith..

the only way to restore to original 4.3.3 is with iFaith.

What is OTB?

Out of The Box. Restored with iTunes.
I never updated above 4.3.3. You did. Now I see ifaith allowed you to "downgrade.." Is this the case? Maybe I still dont understand..lol

Still, I doubt it has anything to do with your issue.. but..

I never updated above 4.3.3. You did. Now I see ifaith allowed you to "downgrade.." Is this the case? Maybe I still dont understand..lol

I never upgraded either. What iFaith does it allows you to restore via iTunes without upgrading to 4.3.5 as an example. I can restore my device and still stay on 4.3.3 and it would be like OTB 4.3.3

I never upgraded either. What iFaith does it allows you to restore via iTunes without upgrading to 4.3.5 as an example. I can restore my device and still stay on 4.3.3 and it would be like OTB 4.3.3

yea that would be OTB.. sounds like a bad battery then. Restore and go to an Apple store...if it's nearby..

i'd definatley suggest restoring so no trace of the jailbreak is apparent and return it to the store, you definatley have a faulty battery =\

Turn off all push notifiers and wifi, this will help out a great deal

Turn off all push notifiers and wifi, this will help out a great deal

I've always kept wifi off but always keep 3G on. I just started to keep 3G off and turn it on whenever I need it. I've always kept all push off too. I think it's just me with battery. When I'm in standby my battery hardly goes down. But when I'm on 3G I'm a heavy user. I was on meebo chat app for an hour last night on wifi and my battery went down to 90% in an hour of constant chatting.

Not sure what you mean by "manually updating email". Instead of having it "pushed"?

Thanks.

Not sure what you mean by "manually updating email". Instead of having it "pushed"?

Thanks.

what I mean is to have your phone only update email when you open the app...NOT updating everytime u get an email whether or not the app is opened..

..thereby, manually updating. :)