What's new

iphone 4 battery help

Turn off all "Push" notifications in settings. "Push" will check for updates to e-mail, messages, etc. constantly, running down the battery. Check every programs settings and turn "Push" off. Turn off everything in "Locations". Only use the "Push" settings and "Locations" settings when you really need them. The easiest way is to turn off "Notifications" and "Locations" in settings. And, yes, the battery will get somewhat better after a few charge/discharge cycles.

Yes, that's exactly what i did. i even closed all the running apps in the background by double tapping the home button etc. now i left my phone 10hrs in sleep mode and from 18% it went down to 12%. i think there's a little improvement? but when i turned it on with normal usage, in no less than 30 mins from 12% it went all the way down to 3%. is that normal too?:) tnx

10 hours off sleep and you lost 6% thats a little high should be 2-3% in that amount of time. Keep an eye on it maybe it will get better.

Turn off all "Push" notifications in settings. "Push" will check for updates to e-mail, messages, etc. constantly, running down the battery. Check every programs settings and turn "Push" off. Turn off everything in "Locations". Only use the "Push" settings and "Locations" settings when you really need them. The easiest way is to turn off "Notifications" and "Locations" in settings. And, yes, the battery will get somewhat better after a few charge/discharge cycles.

Yes, that's exactly what i did. i even closed all the running apps in the background by double tapping the home button etc. now i left my phone 10hrs in sleep mode and from 18% it went down to 12%. i think there's a little improvement? but when i turned it on with normal usage, in no less than 30 mins from 12% it went all the way down to 3%. is that normal too?:) tnx

10 hours off sleep and you lost 6% thats a little high should be 2-3% in that amount of time. Keep an eye on it maybe it will get better.

tnx sir. but what if after a week or month it will not improve? should i wait that long? the store where i got this only gives 7 days for replacement warranty.:confused:

i'm a new comer too in this forum, glad to see more advise as the same problems of iPhone. I got it, thank you.

I have 2 iphone4 now, cause my 1st iphone su att gevey pro, drain fast battery. And i buy again iphone4 fu white, and same the problem... Battery drain fast...
I think is normaly, cause my friends is same too...

Sorry bad english

Try turning "WiFi", "3G" and "Cellular Data" off, when not using them.. If you have a low WiFi, 3G or Cellular Data signal, the phone will keep trying to connect by boosting the transmit power, thus draining the battery faster. You don't need WiFi, 3G or Cellular Data to make or receive calls. However, you may lose TXT messaging, not sure about that, as I don't use TXT messaging. If you don't need to receive calls while you are asleep, just put the phone in "Airplane" mode, that stops all outgoing transmissions including Phone calls, but be sure to take it out when you get up.

Just like Pocobear said, turn everything off that you dont need on at the time and this will show you a huge difference in the battery.

Pocobear said:
Try turning "WiFi", "3G" and "Cellular Data" off, when not using them.. If you have a low WiFi, 3G or Cellular Data signal, the phone will keep trying to connect by boosting the transmit power, thus draining the battery faster. You don't need WiFi, 3G or Cellular Data to make or receive calls. However, you may lose TXT messaging, not sure about that, as I don't use TXT messaging. If you don't need to receive calls while you are asleep, just put the phone in "Airplane" mode, that stops all outgoing transmissions including Phone calls, but be sure to take it out when you get up.

You won't lose texting. You'll lose the ability to send MMS, if you turn the 3G service off