What's new

IOS5 Jailbreak Strategy Guide

Oh jeez looks like ill have to stick with my 4.3.5 then. Is it true there wont be an untethered for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read at another website that 5.01 can also be tethered jailbroken using the same redsn0w version. (look at me giving advice when i couldnt get it to work myself hehe)

I read at another website that 5.01 can also be tethered jailbroken using the same redsn0w version. (look at me giving advice when i couldnt get it to work myself hehe)

I hope so.. I can live with a tethered jailbreak aslong as i can run the few cydia apps i need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
All devices besides the iPad2 and the iPhone4S will ALWAYS have a tethered jailbreak available. limera1n is a bootrom exploit that cannot be patched.

Bollocks....I take my eye off the ball for a couple of days and this is what happens! I am on 4.2.1 and was waiting for untethered 5.0. But I just logged onto the forum for first time in a few days and guess what I've missed? Looks like im staying on 4.2.1 for a while. I'm not giving up my jailbreak.

Ah cool so I can always have a tethered jailbreak if I get sick of my obsolete 4.2.1 os. It's fine now but as time goes on there will be more and more apps that arent compatible with it

All devices besides the iPad2 and the iPhone4S will ALWAYS have a tethered jailbreak available. limera1n is a bootrom exploit that cannot be patched.

What about a 3GS with the old bootrom? Will all jailbreaks be tethered or untethered for that device?
I'm really agonizing about updating my 4S. Battery is so-so, but it's looking like a long wait till 4S is jailbreakable.

- Frank

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/members/f4780y-15303/I have a CDMA iPhone 4 untethered at 4.2.8. I was waiting for Friday to update so if something went wrong I would have the weekend to fix it. Came home from work early to get started to be greeted with a closed window. New decision. Should I stay 4.2.8 untethered or upgrade to 5.0.1 tethered?

Jmills87 said:
If you update you will lose the chance to use the untethered jailbreak when it is released.

Huh? Now that got me. I am presently on 4.3.1 and suppose I update to 5.0.1, jailbreak tethered, install the semi-tether. And then sometime later in the future an untethered jailbreak is released, I'm up the creek? Is that right? Are you saying I wouldn't have the option to re-jailbreak with that new untethered release?