What's new

IOS5 Jailbreak Strategy Guide

Leigh, I'm on 5 semitether JB, should I go stock or I be ok as I'm now?

Difficult one Ernie. I would probably stay where you are, but the choice has to be yours... :)

For the record, in case it help anyone else out, or just for interests sake, here's what I've done...

1. downgraded my iPhone4S back to 5.0 (from 5.0.1b2), cos I really really want a jailbreak on the 4S
2. am leaving my iPad2 3G jailbroken on 4.3.3 because it's awesome :D
3. upgraded my iPad1 to 5.0.1 and have jailbroken it tethered, cos untethered on the iPad1 is over rated :)
4. leaving my iPhone4 on 4.3.3 "just because"

Not that we need vindication, but musclenerd has tweeted the following this evening...

Jailbreakers and unlockers should avoid today's 5.0.1 until a flow for downgrading to 5.0 is developed.

Downgrade flow needs to be modified for AP "nonce" Dev-Team Blog - Blob monster ... saved SHSH blobs are not enough to downgrade to 5.0

I have decided to upgrade to ios5. However iTunes is saying the available version is 5.0.1. Is there a way to select 5.0?

zuluwhiskeyfox said:
I have decided to upgrade to ios5. However iTunes is saying the available version is 5.0.1. Is there a way to select 5.0?

Follow the tutorial I linked in the first post (step 3)

This is my first post on this forum so HELLO to all.

I have a little complication if someone can help me out. I got this iphone 4 UK (tmobile) from my uncle when he was visiting me in dubai. This phone has never been jailbroken or unlocked. I got this phone all excited, hooked it up to itunes and updated to iOS 5 obviously not preserving baseband or anything as i had no idea about it so i am guessing the baseband is also updated to the latest version which is i think 4.11.08, I cant activate the phone from initial set up screen since it is locked to UK tmobile sim and i am in dubai and so right now its a piece of junk to me :(

Now can someone suggest to me what should i do now? Can i HACKTIVATE it so atleast skip the setup screens? I have tried the tutorial HERE but after smoothly going through the jailbreak process phone boots up to apple logo and then stuck at the loader with black screen (look at the image) I have tried this 4 times already and always stuck on loader image (the loader animated for a second and then stuck). I dont know whats wrong with this, maybe that tutorial is not for this baseband, cant say for sure. IS gevey sim method going to unlock it? i will need to take it to a shop that unlocks through gevey sim.

So what should i do next? Help appreciated.

$stuck.jpg

04.11.08 is not unlockable via software or hardware so you will have to use the phone on an official carrier. If the phone is getting stuck at the apple logo that means that you aren't booting tethered.

well... crikey!... this damn cat-mouse bs gets increasingly interesting...still on 4.2.1 on the original 4 with more than acceptable battery life and fascinating but useful tweaks...brother keeps nagging me to update; I keep wonderin' why?... going to stay put, and keep the faith w/ the ever-talented and soulful folks who keep bringing us jb surprises and assume we'll indeed see something down the road for whatever Cupertino throws out.

peace...

TC

04.11.08 is not unlockable via software or hardware so you will have to use the phone on an official carrier. If the phone is getting stuck at the apple logo that means that you aren't booting tethered.

Thanks for quick reply. If i am not booting tethered does that mean i cant even jailbreak iphone 4 with iOs 5 baseband 4.11.08?

Hi. Im on ios5 wid semitether. Once untetherd as release will i be possible to jailbreak?